PDA

View Full Version : panic

catherine24
08-01-07, 22:37
i have been having panic attacks for about 3mths or so my gp tells me i get pains in chest i feel im going to pass out and i get the most weird tingles up the back of the top of my legs and worst of all i am convinced i am going to have a heart attack and die this lasts for about 2 hours iam taking beta blockers and citalopram also diazepam when i really need it i have never took medication in my life i have a happy home life and a job i enjoy i dont know why this is happening to me i am getting to the stage where i dont want to leave the house in case i get an attack does anyone else feel like me

catherine haley

nomorepanic
08-01-07, 22:42
Yep you are not alone.

Have a read on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk and especially the first steps post.

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
08-01-07, 22:53
Hi Cathrine

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here.

Its certainly anxiety you have hun, i have felt the same many times, you must try and get of the house though hun, even if its for a little walk around the block or the garden, the more you do it the more comfortable you will feel. I take Citalopram also Cathrine, how long have you been taking the medication as it can 4-8 weeks before you feel any affect from them.
Sometimes Anxiety just comes out of the blue, it as for me, but theres always a way forward, take a look around the NMP site, theres lots of great information to help hun.

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

bb01234
08-01-07, 23:14
tacking in from a different angle, whatever is happening in your body is doing so for a reason - it's giving you a signal, that's all.

Now there's probably not a great chance that your concious day-to-day mind will be able to see this as sensible but your unconsious mind will be doing this because on some level it's benefiting you.

you say 'having for 3 months'.

when you cast your mind back to just b4 3 months, what's up then?

rgds

brian

MasterJPK69
10-01-07, 05:42
I HAve been dealing with this for about 5 months and they come and go it seems to get worse. i notice as log as i am taking the meds i am fine i can cope but as soon as i quit it is all over with. i know i was afrad to leave the house when i first started getting them it was awful. I was in indiana trying to get through an orientation and every day i was ther i kept having these attachs i didnt know id i was going to die or not it almost felt like i was having a heart attach (not that i know what one feels like) and i was wigging out every night in my hotel room i was scared i was going to die i mean in total fear. I had been to the doctor before i left to make sure i was ok but i was still worried i was going to die. This all started after i lost my job and right after i finished the class i was taking for my license. i have been getting them ever since ten and that was back in september sometime. I take xanax and have reasearched alot in to the symptoms and i can tell you i that was a big mistake cause that made me fearful of haveing a heartattach. i have learned to deal with them a little bit at a time but it is like i just end up back where i started when i think i am getting better. I am jsut like you in fear all the time and it sucks .

James

Patience is a Virtue!
Remember good things come to those who wait for them!

Meg
13-01-07, 14:34
Catherine,

Panic strikes for a reason. I hope your doctor did a check up on you initially..

You need to think back and work out what was on your mind or that you were unduly pondering on in the days before the first panic.

Now you may simply be in a fear of the fear cycle - its all too easy to get into and takes time and effort to get out of ..

You are ok and this is just a phase you're going through.

Meg

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress