PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me? Scared! :(

JustBenn
31-12-14, 19:11
Hi, I haven't had any anxious thoughts for 2 months or so, but now its back.

Never had any issues before about photosensitive seizures, i'm 21 years old, could I randomly get it, out the blue?

As a child, I used to look at optical illusions with no problems,
Now i'm scared to look at them.

I also used to have no problems going up escalators, now that I read about how the patterns can cause seizures, every time I use an escalator, I get a tad anxious and am unable to focus on my surroundings properly.

I felt a little unbalanced not long after, so I had a drink of water and sat down for 5 minutes, then it went away.

Please help and chat with me,

cpe1978
31-12-14, 19:14
Obviously I am no medical professional, and if you are worried you should visit one. However I do know from experience that anxiety makes me focus on certain things and 'experience them'. For example if I notice something wrong with my vision - let's say floaters - they my mind focuses, they become more intrusive, I get headaches, I notice other visual issues etc. you see where I am going with this?

JustBenn
31-12-14, 21:08
Obviously I am no medical professional, and if you are worried you should visit one. However I do know from experience that anxiety makes me focus on certain things and 'experience them'. For example if I notice something wrong with my vision - let's say floaters - they my mind focuses, they become more intrusive, I get headaches, I notice other visual issues etc. you see where I am going with this?

I'm so scared about it, why does this fear never end, it always comes and goes.

cpe1978
31-12-14, 23:03
I think (in my opinion) that you have to be really proactive to deal with anxiety. It doesn't just go - let's face it - we are all well practiced in being anxious and so it is a bad habit to break.

My suggestion would be to develop a plan and to cut yourself from slack. It takes hard work but it is possible to make progress :)