PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-sensitive

Yogi
31-12-14, 21:14
I'm pretty sure 'normal' people just don't notice anything going on with their bodies unless they are really poorly.
I seem to pick up on every little twinge, discomfort, pain which makes me feel like I'm always ill.
Do any of you have any tips on how to stop being so sensitive to what are most likely normal bodily functions?

LauraWoo84
31-12-14, 21:47
Hi yogi

A member on his had written an incredible blog www.therightinnervoice.com it has taught me so much in such a short space of time and how your body becomes sensitised to every little sensation.

Definitely worth taking the time to read the blog :)

Yogi
31-12-14, 22:29
Thank you :)

MyNameIsTerry
01-01-15, 03:33
As a GAD sufferer I have always been very symptom focused so I can understand this element, its just that I know its anxiety.

I would suggest Mindfulness because when you do it in mediation form, it talks you through noticing your sensations and how to move your focus away from them and not judging them. It can be hard but it can work over time, is free in many cases or the price of a book or some GPs have started referring people on courses and is side effect free.

Colin44
01-01-15, 16:10
Hi yogi

A member on his had written an incredible blog www.therightinnervoice.com it has taught me so much in such a short space of time and how your body becomes sensitised to every little sensation.

Definitely worth taking the time to read the blog :)

Good link

Yogi
01-01-15, 16:31
Fab, thanks MyNameIsTerry!