PDA

View Full Version : In a pickle

PAULF
31-08-04, 10:58
I feel stupid but dont know if i suffer from anxiety or their is something more seriously wrong with me.

Mum and dad have gone away today they said they would phone tonight at 10pm, im scared they wont, scared they wont because something dreadful is going to happen - why do i feel like this - ive been fine for the past 3 weeks and this is throwing me back to square one, im sorry for mithering but im in a really bad state - and im at work and dont know what to do. Please help.

stimpy
31-08-04, 12:36
Paul ...

Calm.

Breath slowly and deeply.

Nothing bad is going to happen.
Try to keep yourself busy.
Watch a few of your favourite films, listen to your favourite music.
Try to relax and calm down a bit.

I'm sure they will phone on time just as they promised.
Until then try to keep yourself distracted.

Hang in there hun, it is just a worry blip.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

seh1980
31-08-04, 20:25
hi there Paul,

It's understandable that you are very worried now that your parents are away for a few days. Just try to think about it as an obstacle that you have to overcome!! You have been fine for the past 3 weeks so you know you can do it!! Take care and good luck.

Sarah :D

jo-jo
31-08-04, 22:26
Hi Paul

Sorry you're feeling so worried right now but I'm sure you know deep down that your folks will be just fine and that its a case of the old "what if" thinking. Think how well you have been doing - Sarah is right as this is just an obstacle in your way and that you'll come out the other side stronger than ever. Hope you've managed to keep yourself busy, I guess now would be a good time to do lots of exercise so that you are physically tired which should help you to sleep.

Don't worry too much, you'll be just fine :D

Take care, love Jo xxx

sarah
31-08-04, 23:23
Hiya paul

I know exactly how you feel. My mum and dad went to paris last year for a few days. Neither of them had flown since I was 5 (im now 31!) and my mum was a panic attack sufferer and an agoraphobic for most of my life so I was terrified for her (even tho she is 'cured' now and its not so much of an issue for her).
I made her phone me every night and she came home full of beans and loved every minute.

Im sure they will be back safe and sound in no time and will be telling you all about the great things they saw and did!

take care
love Sarah
xx

sal
01-09-04, 00:01
Hi Paul

It is normal to worry to some extent but unfortunately anxiety exaggerates it a little bit too much.

I hope they have arrived safely and they have called you and it has helped reassure you that they are ok hon.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love Sal xxxxx

PAULF
01-09-04, 10:23
Hi,

They phoned lastnight! Big, big relief. Said they would phone tonight but i told them not to promise me they would because if they dont then ill be the same. Thank you for your advice/help. Ive got my girlfriends laptop, im going to log on tonight and go into the chat room. WHat time is the best?

Thanks x

nomorepanic
01-09-04, 11:18
Great news Paul

Hope they are having a great time there.

Chat livens up from 8.30pm onwards. Look forward to seeing you there.

Nicola

sal
01-09-04, 19:23
Hi Paul

It will do you the world of good going into the chat room and will take your mind of how you feel about been alone tonight.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Love Sal xxxxx