PDA

View Full Version : Hello is anyone out there ..... In a lot of pain

LauraWoo84
01-01-15, 06:16
Hi all

So yesterday I spent most of the day in bed with severe IBD pains have had buscopan, peppermint tea, a bath, hot water bottle and nothing seems to be taking the pain away.

I have had about 4 hours sleep and woken up in severe pain. Feel frightened and alone.

I've managed to go 4 days without a panic attack which is a record for me. I do wanted to start 2015 in a good place.

Does anyone have any advice with what I can do to ease the pain I'm feeling.

Help!

herbie73
01-01-15, 10:17
Hi Laura, I don't know what to suggest about the pain, but I do know how you feel frightened and alone, I woke at 5.30 petrified, couldn't get back to sleep, the fear takes over your life, are you taking antidepressants ? Xxxx

Annie0904
01-01-15, 10:21
Hi sorry you have started the new year in so much pain :(. Hopefully it will ease off soon. Sending you hugs.

LauraWoo84
01-01-15, 10:39
Hi herbie and Annie thank you for your kind words.

I had been doing so well and I guess I then think my life has gone back to normal for that short period of time but then my pain and spasms and HA comes back even more aggressive.

I don't want to continue in this way the doctors say it is IBD but how can it make me so ill I'm paranoid like so many others with HA that the doctors have missed something.

I'm drinking peppermint tea, keeping myself warm and walking around in small slow paces. I can physically see my stomach muscles spasming.

I have gone 4 days without a panic attack I don't want to have one I have to be able to deal with my ill health.

Why does HA make you feel so frightened and vulnerable

Janine
01-01-15, 14:52
Hi Laura

Stomach problems were what started my anxiety off a couple of years ago, I had an infection which triggered it all off and now even though I am on medication and it keeps it at bay most of the time I do have blips and it is a vicious circle as I do not know whether it is my IBS that triggers the anxiety or the other way round but I always get the two together and it can last for a few days, like the others say just try and relax and look after yourself, easier said than done I know.
xx

LauraWoo84
01-01-15, 15:22
Thanks Janice, I am getting in a right state at the moment and I guess I'm frustrated as I was doing so well. I have taken some buscopan and drinking peppermint tea and walking around a bit to see if it will ease things.

I have to be back at work tomorrow so I need to better. Why does HA have to be so hard