PDA

View Full Version : My attacks. (please read)

Chanelle
08-01-07, 22:49
It's abit long but please read. Any advice is fantastic. It's copy and pasted from my diary.

it all kicked off on my flight to australia with quantas airlines. me being the spontanious fool I am, got a phone call off my brother, say on a tuesday.. and I was in australia the following friday?! anyways, I have always been a fantastic flyer if I do say so myself. flew alone to america when I was 16. I suppose I hadn't done drugs though at that age. in a nutshell, I started to panic at heathrow airport, then the following 24hours was sheer hell. I felt like my head was about to implode. I drank shandys but with a lack of lemonade in them to force myself to sleep.

once I arrived in australia all was dandy. unfortunetly the flight made me super ill for the first week. flu like symptoms. I blame the two 5yr old kids I was forced to sit next to throughout the whole flight. tip: never try and get an upgrade to business class. they say they'll get you even better seats, and shabam, look where you're sat.. plenty of leg room but at the front of the plane where the baby cots are. woo! back to the story..

I started to 'lose my mind' a little bit when I was there. not in a psychotic way, or I like to think not. that kick started after 2weeks? after my fiance cheated on me. I found out through msn from my friend hailey. it broke my heart. so far away. no one to comfort me. and worst of all, my fiance couldn't remember a ****ing thing so I had to tell her everything. it all went down hill from there.

I was panicking all the time. hot and cold flushes. feeling faint. lack of appetite. crazy thoughts. wanting to throw myself off the balcony of my apartment. a thought in the back of my mind constantly telling me to do so. 3weeks had gone by and I had enough. I rang the airline and booked a flight for the next day. I couldn't cope. if I had stayed, I'd probably be dead now.

the flight back, safe to say was again, a ****ing nightmare. alone. head feeling like it's about to implode. in sydney airport I was actually so scared to get back on the flight that I thought I would never get home.

finally back in the uk.. "yeah I'll be okay now. back home. my friend's. none of this anxiety feeling." how wrong.

time went on and my panic attacks got worse. felt like I was going die. lump in throat. palpitations. restless. worst feeling ever imaginable.

since october I have had them every week. I'm now on anti depressants. it has also gotten worse. I now can't eat. oneday I was tucking into a fab pasta salad. I remember one piece went down the wrong hole, coughed, came back up as it always does.. but a panic attack kick started. ever since I have had a fear of choking; so therefor cannot bring myself to eat solids. even though I want to eat so bad, I really cannot do it. scares the hell out of me. since early november all I have lived on is banana complan and tomato soup. I'm now having the odd bit of smash (mash potato in a bag).. but it's still a pain. I feel like something is lodged in my throat. I also feel like I cannot swallow. my anti depressants are liquid drops as I cannot swallow tablets.

I see no escape what so ever.

bb01234
08-01-07, 23:11
hi there, not sure of the chronology of your post but at the bottom you mention october and anitdepressants and earlier 'hadn't done drugs at that age'.

Is it that the panic attacks are ongoing from a while ago.

If so, then there could be merit in addressing this before you start to develop additional symptoms.

Remember, strange but true, your panic attacks are doing something positive for you - you probably won't believe me now but your unconscious mind is very efficient and will use the path of least resistance to do what you want it to do

The snag is if you've been sold the wrong story in the past it's going to do the wrong thing for you - that's what needs to be addressed

HTH, rather than confuses

regards

brian

Chanelle
08-01-07, 23:23
ahh there's more to it. I was quite a big fan of cocaine back in summer 2005. That's all stopped. I've been on medication since mid october.

I think I may seek hypnotherapy.

bb01234
08-01-07, 23:36
there are now a selection of approaches that can let you take yourself back to the situation(s) around when events ocurred that installed those beliefs and thoughts that are now creating what's happening.

Analytical (not clinical) hypnotherapy, CBT and some other fast working (I mean weeks months not mega months) approaches that can help.

depending upon your medications this should be ok.

You may/may not find NHS supported help where you are, otherwise it's a case of dipping into your own purse.

You sound youngish from your post - there are people much much older than you who have 'been meaning to deal with this issue' for years, so when you are ready - and you'll know when that is, then go for it.

Good luck

regards

brian

Chanelle
08-01-07, 23:40
I'm 19. I don't mind dipping into my own purse. I don't know what cbt is but thank u so much for ur advice. x

bb01234
08-01-07, 23:57
no worries, you've probably heard of analytical hypnotherapy (AT) so I'll pass on describing that. CBT is cognitive behavoural therapy.

Both offer similar routes to the same results.

The main difference is with CBT you 'appear' to not be in hypnosis. I say appear since you usually sit upright and talk through your issues with a therapist / counsellor but the second that you go back in your mind to access a memory - pop, you're in a light trance.

AT offers a deeper, although not automatically better/quicker route to the answer since by relaxing you more (hopefully if the therapist is good) your conscious mind is more willing to let go so the u/c mind can more readily give up the necessary clariity of the past.

Some people are afraid of hypnotherapy - I appreciate that but don't know why really since it's natural and ALL hypnosis is self-hypnosis, the therapist just guides you so you really are in control.

On balance I'd say AT is better / deeper.

THere are other approaches that I and others use but I'm not here to be canvassing for clients so it's probably best to stick with those two for comparison for now.

HTH

Brian

Brandy snap
09-01-07, 01:28
Hi, I have problems swallowing too - this has been since being on Seroxat syrup as I cannot swallow pills. Since being on the syrup I was only able to have Complan - no solid food - for ages. I have progressed onto normal food but it took a while and I am very slow eating. Drinking through a straw helps - if there is a sudden noise my swallow doesn't happen and it goes down by itself which is very scarey. If eating when there is a sudden noise, the food remains right at the back and I have to force myself to remain calm until I can have another go at swallowing. When first on Seroxat it gave me terrible suffocating feelings where my throat felt it was closing up completely.