PDA

View Full Version : Heart anxiety

dac0273
01-01-15, 20:53
Hi all
I'm really bad today I'm actually convinced I'm gonna have heart attack I've been getting aches in my left inner arm and my left shoulder and jaw , what coupled with palpitations non stop, I'm scared , really scared I want to ring heart health line but they're not open .
I know I have health anxiety, but these symptoms are so real and what I've read online people get left arm and shoulder pain months weeks before .
I've had 3 ecg and blood tests all normal but sone say ecg not reliable x really worried

spellplague
03-01-15, 01:37
Have you had a 24-hour heart monitor thing on?

If you are in the UK, 111 is a non-emergency number and the people on the other end of the phone can likely assist as well as the heart health line; they know how to prioritise the real thing from the mind playing nasty.

Amylee1982
05-01-15, 09:55
Hi

I noticed you say the symptoms are so real...thats because they are hun. You are feelin pain its the cause which is the real mind game because you think heart but i have all these pains with acid and trapped wind. Hard to believe it goes to them places but it does do you suffer with acid? Ir stomach issues? R
mayb ring 111 for reassurance x

dac0273
10-01-15, 20:04
Hi I don't think I suffer with stomach acid , or stomach issues really, I had 24 hr monitor on few weeks ago and they said I had ectopic heart beats x

Fishmanpa
10-01-15, 20:52
You felt the same way and had the same symptoms last March and you're still here.

Positive thoughts

dac0273
11-01-15, 11:47
Yr right fishmanpa
I forget how long I have had these symptoms
I'm on a course of cbt 3rd week Monday
Hope it cures me x

Fishmanpa
11-01-15, 16:41
Yr right fishmanpa
I forget how long I have had these symptoms
I'm on a course of cbt 3rd week Monday
Hope it cures me x

:yesyes: Glad to hear this. CBT isn't so much a "cure" as it is a way to "heal" and change the way you think about these things. You're "learn" how to address the fears and find tools and weapons to fend off the dragon. It takes work but like they say, Anything worth having.......

Positive thoughts

kezzal
11-01-15, 18:32
whats CBT??

Fishmanpa
11-01-15, 20:57
whats CBT??

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
(http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665)
Positive thoughts

kezzal
11-01-15, 21:18
thankyou im currently trying that lol :)