PDA

View Full Version : How do you manage your anxiety?

ImObsessedWithGlee
02-01-15, 00:12
I just thought I'd make this post to find out how everyone manages their anxiety?

I personally find spending time and talking with my boyfriend manages to clear my head and distract me from all of it, but he's been in Dubai for the past 3 weeks and won't be back for another 10 days so I can't talk to him as often as I'd like to and it's making my anxiety flare up so bad :(

I was wondering what you all do to manage it? I'm pretty much fine during the day when I'm around people and out and about, but when I go to bed at night, that's when I'm on my own and I have time to think and obsess and google everything :(

Just let me know what works for you, if you want! It would be great to hear :)

saab
02-01-15, 00:46
If I am out and feel panic or anxiety rising, I just carry on, perhaps concentrating on my breathing. I find it usually subsides on it's own.

If I am at home and feel anxious - it just comes over me like a wave of nausea sometimes, without any reason - then I go off and listen to a guided meditation on my mp3 player or on You Tube.

If I am having a really bad spell and my anxiety is about my palpitations I read my Claire Weeks books and do some CBT exercises.

I find that a spell of general anxiety is much easier to deal with than when I get a bad session of palpitations, which is when my anxiety goes from 0 to 60 and I feel like I might die.

My mp3 player has lots of Tara Brach and Jon Kabbat Zinn meditations on it. It has been a godsend as they both have calming voices and if, say, I am shopping and feel a surge of anxiety, I can concentrate on their voices and feel calmer after a few minutes.