PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Fennizzle
02-01-15, 19:01
Hi, I am convinced that I have a liver or pancreatic cancer and that I am on the verge of death. I get pain on the right of my abdomen at the bottom of my ribs and I have noticed a change in in stool colour (gross I know). I am literally beside my self as I have a wife and three kids and leaving them alone scares me so much. I can't go I like this. I've had anxiety problems for 11 years now and at 33 I feel like my life has been taken over by this. I'm going to the doctors on Monday but could do with reassurance. Many thanks

Mummygems
02-01-15, 20:07
I completely sympathise with how you are feeling as I too am worrying about pancreatic / ovarian cancer at the moment (there is so much in the news about cancer all the time)!! My health anxiety kicked in after my dad passed away from cancer 8 years ago. The problem with my health anxiety is that I'm too scared to see a doctor in case they think I'm stupid or they give me bad news. Well done for making that move and I'm sure the pain will be due to anxiety itself. Bowl changes can be caused by stress or something you've consumed (probably a lot of richer foods and drinks over Christmas). I had a pain in my left side a few days ago and since taking some Andrews powders it has gone completely. Maybe give that a go as well before you go to the doctor.

It's just a big vicious circle, you worry about the pains and yet these could be caused because you are worrying. People just don't understand the pain and stress that we endure every second of every day and even at night.

Good luck with your appointment, im sure all will be fine. Let us know how you get on. :-)