PDA

View Full Version : Intro from newbie

neelhm
09-01-07, 11:22
Hi All
Signed up for this site a few months ago while struggling with severe anxiety and panic with a bit of depression thrown in, but didn't get to do my introduction as I ended up taking some "time out" in a clinic.... Am feeling much better now, but still fighting the gremlins in my mind and was really pleased to remember this site and read about other people's experiences.
My problems started last summer after an extremely stressful year separating from my husband and coming to terms with life after marriage while looking after my two kids. In classic style I suddenly developed one-sided numbness and weird feelings in my head. One trip to A&E with overnight stay and an appointment with a neurologist later, I was sent home with the message "get some counselling". Didn't really convince my brain though as it had decided that there was something seriously wrong. Began to see the light when I noticed the symptoms flaring up every time my husband called!
Have had CBT, hypnotherapy and am on anti-depressants which have all helped me.
Well I think I am winning the battle now, but as I work from home I do feel quite lonely and have far too much time to think - never a good thing I find.

trac67
09-01-07, 11:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

ceecee
09-01-07, 11:33
hi
welcome to the forum
you,re not alone
take care
rach x

heths
09-01-07, 12:27
Welcome to the forum,

Take Care,

Heather x

manmoor
09-01-07, 13:53
Hi,

A big wam welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kittykat
09-01-07, 15:42
hi there ,

Welcome to the forum you'll get some really good advice here.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

nachx3
09-01-07, 17:16
Welcome to the site.

I also work from home and find that is when my mind really starts to go wild.

Tend to log onto this site alot for reassurance.

Take care

nomorepanic
09-01-07, 18:43
Hi and welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
09-01-07, 20:14
Hi

A Big warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

yorkylover
09-01-07, 23:29
Hi and welcome.;):);)

Ellen XX

Lindalou64
10-01-07, 00:06
welcome neelhm
you will find lots of support i can relate to alot what ya said myself........i wish ya the best..............Linda[8D]

jaffa
10-01-07, 12:39
Hi!
I sighned up to this site today in hope to speak to people in the same situation. I to am a single mum of three I have a few ilnesses all stress related. I have panick attacks, depression, agraphobia and irritable bowel syndrome. I have had them all come on over a period of time through a bad relationship. Now i am out of that relationship it has made me more determined to change things. I have been agraphobic for 4 years but i recently started going out with a care worker once a week. I have to take 8 immodium and diazipam to be able to do that though. we don't go far but i am hoping to get a bit further soon. I havn't had a panick attack for a while now but i know how frightening they are, but the reason i havn't had one is because i avoid situations and i stay in my comfort zone (Home). but i find the way to get through it is to think of all the people who are worse off than myself. My mum is a godsend as she does my shopping and takes my children to school. I also have great neighbours who always knock to see if i need anything, they are so understanding. They even done most of my christmas shopping for me. things can only get better from here, i don't think they can get any worse. keep smiling!