PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Olbas oil

Paul87
03-01-15, 15:41
Hey guys

Sorry that my first post has to be a random one like this but whenever I googled stuff I always ended up here and read the forums but now I think it's my time to actually ask for help,

I been suffering from Anxiety for years but with meds it came non existent until the summer where now everyday is a constant worry and struggle but that's a different story

I'm suffering from Tinnitus and suspected ear infection and sinus infection my doctor says which no doubt has made my anxiety levels rise drastically specially at night when the tinnitus is loud

Anyway I always read about medications and don't usually take anything even paracetamols orless desperate and yesterday or last night read about Olbas Oil being toxic if swallowed

So today after dinner I opened the bottle which was sticky and poured few drops on a tissue to inhale but what I forgot was the bottle was sticky

So with the same hand I accidentally touched my lip and some how a small part of my tongue as both when numb weird frozen sensation I immediately realised what I did and thought how I'm a idiot and wiped my hands and mouth then tried spit out what I can which is none only salvia

And went downstairs and washed my mouth out with mouth wash and splashed water all over my lips and washed my hands with hand wash

Ever since I felt tense and day dream and keep taking deep breaths to see if I'm ok

I dunno if I'm getting imaginary symptoms because of anxiety or if I'm ill or will I be fine as its so little

I feel like such a idiot I even rang NHS direct and waiting for a call back

It's been 35-40 minutes so far

GwenP
03-01-15, 15:50
Try not to worry I did this other night with Vicks :yesyes: just rinsed it off still here but understand your panic

MRS STRESS ED
03-01-15, 22:59
Paul 87 please don't worry I have done the same thing a
few times myself apart from a bad taste I was fine I'm
sure your going to be okay and yeah your anxiety will
Kick in but remember you didn't swallow any of it xx