PDA

View Full Version : Depressed, look terrible, health anxiety

GwenP
03-01-15, 16:22
I am awaiting cbt and trauma therapy due to being attacked a while back which has resulted in me sitting here today obsessing as keep getting colds and cough also cannot get into shower today as so weak. I have had chest xray sept 3 lots blood all ok but still I sit imagine the worst. Cannot stop crying

Katki
03-01-15, 17:18
I'm going through a similar experience at the moment. I cannot give you great advice as I'm feeling bad too, however, let me reassure you that colds and coughs are nothing to worry about - when we are anxious over extended periods of time our immune system is weakened and we can get little things like colds and coughs more easily, so don' worry about that. You're probably weak because your anxiety is bad, you are tense and this is making you feel weak. Anxiety makes you exhausted.

Blood tests can tell a doctor a lot so if yours are clear, don't worry.

Suffering an attack is hard but you will get better. A series of horrible events has also made me anxious today but you have to look towards the future, where you will be better, it's not forever. x

GwenP
03-01-15, 21:02
Thank you for reply, it's very lonely as stay with my teenage son and no one else in my family understand mental health issues, earlier I vomited with cough called NHs 24 as so scared, then I think it's a couple of months since blood tests, but I know in my head it's to expensive for NHS to give me bloods etc when I want them. As you saying being anxious does not help immune system, I've been bothered with this every year I put heating on in this house, so dry. Normally I would be at a and e by now so I suppose that's one improvement. Yes it's horrible depression anxiety and one day we will learn how to cope I think.