PDA

View Full Version : "Missed" or "skipped" heart beats

claireypoo
09-01-07, 12:34
Hi
I've just had a very interesting day with my friend who is a cardiac nurse - i told her about my missed heart beats - and how much they bother me and she said they are not a worry at all JUST COUGH DEEPLY! It will stop them!
Apparently in theatre sometimes during some heart ops the surgeon will sometimes instigate a cough in the patient to settle heart!

So COUGH out those missed beats!!! (i've tried it and it really does seem to work!!! Fast too!)
Claireypoo

joolee
09-01-07, 12:49
thanks for that info i will try that when i get the dreaded skipped beats thanks xx

suzy1984
09-01-07, 13:16
Thanks for that its really interesting, I automatically cough when my heart does that & it always works!

Love
Suzy xx

Stu M
09-01-07, 14:12
Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a go when I get these horrible symtoms.

Stu

Piglet
09-01-07, 14:26
Ooh I will try that - thank you!

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

deno1617
09-01-07, 14:33
Thank you for the information. I too, always cough when I get the missed beat thing - and even though I know they are perfectly normal, I still tend to get panicky about feeling even one of them!! Daft eh?!

Cheers,
Diane
x

jodie
09-01-07, 17:59
hi

thanks so much for that i will try it next time i get them

jodie x

Ashman UK
10-01-07, 18:56
Now thats an interesting one i would have never thought of. Will give it a try if i have to. Or hope i dont have to if you know what i mean.

Rennie1989
10-01-07, 22:05
Whoa! That's rather strange, I'll try that!

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

tammie
08-02-07, 12:15
really good to no that information as i have missed beats most days and even thou my doctor said it was natural it would still bring a panic on.

tjc

LickeyEndBlues
13-03-07, 17:21
I had a conversation with my GP about "missed heartbeats" and she said not to worry also ( I know easier said than done!!!) Apparently we all have them from time to time and probably have loads we aren't aware of.

Iain

LadyBug
13-03-07, 17:34
my cardiologist told me the same thing and it works!! Also drinking REALLY cold water works. putting pepper under your nose to cause a sneeze works ((bc the heart restarts itself when you sneeze) and also bearing down as though you are trying to have a bowel movement resets the heart as well. hope these tips help

mirry
07-06-07, 12:47
Dr hilary jones said on gmtv this week that omega 3 oils help keep a normal heart rythym.

debera
07-06-07, 12:56
Thanks For The Information. I Will Give It A Try
Debera

Junior32
28-10-07, 18:09
At least for the past 2 days i have been getting these weird feelings in my chest. i noticed it friday when i wnet bowling my heart was racing then all of a sudden i would get this weird felling i checked my pulse i was going fast then it would feel like my heart had stopped for a second, like 3 or 4 beats then a pause then pick back up again happend several times until i got home to relax. Has anyone heard of this type of thing before

loopy loo
29-10-07, 22:38
Hi,
I get these terribly and have had them constantly now for months.
Does anyone know if they can cause fainting as i sometimes feel quite woozie with them and have a fear of fainting.
I would appreciate any ones doctors comments about the fainting bit, though none of the other tips seem to help mine go away. Please Help
Loopy loo:weep:

kaynbrian
06-11-08, 02:05
:noangel: TAKE L CARENTIN AND COQ 10 AND OMEGA 369.. GO TO A HELTH FOOD STORE. DONT EAT SUGAR,PEANUT BUTTER OR DRINK COKE AND WATCH THE MISSED BEATS GO. I HAVE HAD THEM FOR 8 YEARS.TRY IT FOR A MONTH....LET ME KNOW..KAYNBRIAN

kaynbrian
06-11-08, 02:10
Llopy Loo Yes It Can Cause Fainting It Sometimes Can Also Cause You Unable To Breathe In And Out For A Few Seconds.......it Is Very Scary And They Say Its Not Dangerous But I Know A Lady Caught A Blood Clot From Missed Beats..i Use To Have Them Real Bad Try The Natrual Vitamins...l Carintine And Co Q 10 And Omega 369...

kaynbrian
06-11-08, 02:18
:) Try L Carentine With Co Q 10.bioinovations Put That Out And An Omega 369 At A Health Food Store. No Sugar Or Coke.let Me Know In A Month...

mnaha
26-03-16, 06:35
interesting

MyNameIsTerry
26-03-16, 07:25
and also bearing down as though you are trying to have a bowel movement resets the heart as well.

That one could go soooo wrong! :winks::roflmao: