PDA

View Full Version : Why hello there o/

Kopesy
03-01-15, 19:21
Hey there everyone!

Suffering from eye floaters & tinnitus which is causing me massive stress & anxiety. Always been a little anxious since having eye floaters at 13yo. Since getting tinnitus & now struggling with my hearing I've become very depressed & housebound, which at 25 is never a great thing!

Anyhow, hope there are people here with similar problems & can't wait to get to know some of you which might help me get my head together.

Jordan :welcome:

venusbluejeans
03-01-15, 19:26
Hiya Kopesy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

dimimiss
03-01-15, 19:46
Hey there Kopesy! I had floaters and tinnitus forever now. I never notice them because i know now that there is nothing wrong with me. I can suggest you to try to keep your mind away from floaters.
Did you go to an eye doctor? Is your eye sight good? We all have floaters but most of us dont notice them. Your anxiety makes your body super sensitized and makes you see stuff that you dont normally see. I developed tinnitus due to high noise from gunshots ( i was in the military ) I wasnt wearing ear muffs so....after each shot...my ears were beeping like tinnitus. After many years, i barely notice it (except when i have panic attacks and i get stressed out,because then my body tries to find something to blame) try keeping yourself occupied with music,natural sounds(rain,water,nature) or even white noise when you relax to make your ears draw the sound of the outside...and not from your stress!
Hope you get better!

Kopesy
03-01-15, 19:54
Howdy!
Yeah I'm due another eye test soon, wear glasses (though never actually wear them..) as my eyes aren't really bad but are definitely getting worse. Notice my eye floaters more since getting tinnitus & being inside, have had T since sept last year with no real cause other than possibly loud music. Trying to keep my cool about things but now my hearing feels like it's getting worse! The ENT i visited said there isn't anything wrong with my ears but that it's possibly something to do with my brain in regards to stress & my tinnitus. In a bit of a rut at the moment to be honest with you :wacko:

dimimiss
03-01-15, 20:04
Hey again.

Well first things first. Next time you wake up....and the sky is clear look at the sky and tell me. I bet you will see the floaters moving around! I do this all the time and im like "hello suckers" haha!

Also if you start thinking about tinnitus and concentrating in the thoughts "do i have it? can i hear the beeping now? what about now? i bet it gets worse. Oh god i can hear it more now" and then you get crazy about it and you hear it. right? : ))

Well try to listen to music. You wanna listen to loud music? listen to it. Not loud so the neighbours ears bleed. but if you wanna feel it in your soul do it. Dont let anything stop you from doing what you like. If you want send me a message with your skype so we can textchat there too!

Hope you get better!

ladyhawke77
03-01-15, 21:04
hello and welcome, im house bound due to panic attacks

dimimiss
03-01-15, 21:17
hello and welcome, im house bound due to panic attacks

Hey there ladyhawke! Hope you are feeling better! Send me a message if you want to discuss whats going on!

I hope this year will fix ur problems too!

ladyhawke77
03-01-15, 21:55
hello dimimiss im doing good thank you for asking