PDA

View Full Version : What physical symptoms do you have during a flight?

marycc
03-01-15, 20:35
I'm going on a flight for the first time in 1 week and...guess what...I'm starting to worry! Not actually about a plane crash but what I'm going to feel inside the plane, during the flight, because of the low air pressure and other stuff...
Anyway, what do you usually feel when you fly? How do you control the symptoms?
I'm thinking about taking some Paracetamol about 45 minutes before the flight, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not..

otutuab
03-01-15, 23:34
When I took my first flight I was anxious because of "What if" thoughts. Well, physically the only sensation that I felt was the ear sensation when the airplane elevates the height and when the airplane is on a landing. Which I think is a normal sensation in the ears if you are dealing with elevation.

eastofeden
04-01-15, 00:07
My ears popped and when we were taking off and ascending, the pilot angled the plane weirdly so I got that 'funny tummy' feeling you get when you go over a hill in the car. I have POTS syndrome so I was worried my usual symptoms such as faintness, dizziness etc would worsen with the pressure changes. But the pressure inside the cabin in normalized so you don't feel any different. But thankfully nothing like that happened! The only other advice I can say is drink water because the air in a plane is very dry and icky. It's nothing to be scared of. I was terrified because it was my first time but it's honestly just like taking the train. You forget that you are in the air!

Serenity1990
04-01-15, 01:41
Try and enjoy it. Flying can be really fun, and it's statistically the safest way to travel (far safer than walking, driving, trains, buses etc.).

Take some paracetamol if you have pain of any sort, don't bother if not. If it's a long (10+ hour) flight I'd consider an aspirin though. :)