PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :-)

CCB1979
03-01-15, 21:21
Hi, I am a newbie :-) Just want to say how reassuring it is to find others in a similar situation as mine. Currently experiencing extreme health anxiety (although 99% of me is still adamant there is something medically wrong other than anxiety!). I am 36 female, mum to one and have a supportive loving hubby. Struggling to come to terms with my health anxiety and panic attacks. Suffer with epotopic heart beats, rocking vertigo, headaches, tinitus, ear and nose pressure, spinal pain, muscle twitching, tingling, whooshing sound in head, swollen hands, black and white spots in vision... You name it, I've got it! On a serious note it's really beginning to affect my life to the point of not wanting to leave the house (luckily I work from home but not sure if that's a good or bad thing). Really worry about passing on anxieties to my daughter (constantly worry about her health too). Compulsively check my pulse and body, huge fear of dieing from heart related problems (due to eptopics) currently prescribed beta blockers from gp but also have a pill phobia (don't even like taking paracetamol). Anyway, that's me!

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

P.S hope I've posted in the right place!

venusbluejeans
03-01-15, 21:26
Hiya CCB1979 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

dimimiss
03-01-15, 21:30
Welcome CCB1979!!
I am like you. health anxiety at its peak. Find me an illness, i have it. Once i even had in my mind a disease and problem that pregnant women only had. hahaha! Its so silly.
Anyway,
I would suggest going out with your daughter. take her for a walk. When you feel panic coming tell her to give you a hug and a kiss. Thats what i say to my s.o. too! Also block all the medical sites, and remove from the house anything related to check your health.
Are you healthy? YES. So there is no reason to take your blood pressure like being 90 years old.
Is the weather good? Why dont you take your daughter and your hubby out for a picnic? just for 1 hour. not a lot. just to laugh and have a good time!
I can't think of anything else at the moment but i hope you get the point. Anything else you need we WILL be here to help! : ))

P.s. Happy new year!