PDA

View Full Version : persitent cold and swollen glands!

lildude6666
03-01-15, 21:38
i have had a persistent cold for the past 6 weeks along with swollen glands and pain behind the knees. i have been to the doctors and they assured me it is just the time of the year and it is very common for some people to take longer than others. I did start worrying about HIV etc but i have recently had another and might i add final rapid hiv test done which was a 4th generation and it came back negative. I can now safey say i am closing that chapter in my life. Do you guys have any ideas about my cold or is it the fact that my anxiety and depression is making things worse. many thanks

otutuab
03-01-15, 23:15
We are quite the same, mine started in late september, ate an ice cream with my friends and at the same time smoking a cigarette. The day after I started to sneeze alot, coughing, and then a fever came, few days later the fever and cough is gone, only runny nose and sneezing, I still smoked some cigarette, I think that was a bad mistake coz it irritated my throat, now I have this sensation in my throat. I quit smoking since then. The sensation is not that persistent anymore but I think tonsilitis is taking over, its been weeks now. I am worried also about HIV coz I was an insertive partner 7 years ago to a gay who offered me money,only one exposure. I will go to a testing center tomorrow solo, I even don't know where does the testing clinic is located, I'll just ask some people in the hospital, I'm so anxious right now. By the way, the good news about you is the doctor told you that you're alright, and you're HIV negative, so cheer up.