PDA

View Full Version : Bad stomach problems, fever and more (TMI describing)

MyTummyHur7
03-01-15, 22:15
Hello!

So in the beginning of September I started having really bubbly stomach. Like it was a cooking pot filled with boiling water. And it was VERY loud. Each day that went it got worse, until one day it finally wouldn't stop.

17F, White, 175cm and 65kg. Finland. No history of this problem before, I don't recall my family having this problem at all.

So I began having watery and bloody diarrhea that lasted... I don't know, until December? I also got fever, over 38*c, it was so bad I had to stay home from school and couldn't go outside. I had terrible stomach pains all the time, my stomach got more bubbly and I had to run to the toilet more than 8 times a day (and my stool would be black, red or green most of the times). My weight started (unintentionally) go down, at least 10 kilos (I don't know how many pounds, sorry) since I couldn't eat. Every time I sat up I got very nauseous. A few times I even threw up, but it was just white foam.

I went to the doctor at least 8 times, which 4 of the times I got IV treatment with at least 4 different things. All my blood tests were negative, only the Faecal calprotectin or something and blood in stool -test were positive.

In October I had a colonoscopy they said I looked perfectly fine and took biopsy the same time. The results revealed nothing. One of the doctors said it couldn't be my imagination since the symptoms are so bad while the other said it's in my mind the problem.

I started taking coal tablets in the beginning of December, they've helped a bit - I take the maximum dose (10 tablets) a day. I don't need to go so often to the toilet but I still have a slight bubbly feeling in my stomach and a frequent nagging sensation. It's like I have a phone stuck in my stomach that I can't get out! It's so awful. I'm afraid to go outside, to school and anywhere in general since I have this problem. :(
After Christmas I've been able to sit about 6 hours before starting feeling tired, nausea or like I have really bad fever and have to lay down. All thanks to the coal tablets.

So in a nutshell over 3 months of diarrhea, floating stool (red/black/green) with blood in it, nausea with occasional vomiting, fever, pain in stomach area. Much gas, bloating, feeling bad. VERY LOUD noises. My weight have also gone down. Couldn't sit up for the first 3 months. All of this started suddenly, never had something like this before.

Any ideas? Could IBS be this bad? What could it be?

Thank you in beforehand if you reply!

MyTummyHur7
30-01-15, 17:02
Sorry for double post, but I just wanted to put it here.

I went to see the gastro-doctor and she told me it was just IBS. But I don't understand how my symptoms are so strong.... I've been trying to eliminate foods that make me feel worse but it feels like everything makes me worse. :(

I still take the coal-tablets but today I've been feeling very bad. And yesterday too. I've been nauseous and been running to the toilet at least 4 times a day. I'm incredibly sad, is there some way I can anyway relieve this?

Thanks.

MyTummyHur7
06-09-15, 20:55
Update:

So last tuesday (1.9) I had surgery and endoscopy done on me. Turns out I had bad reflux (GERD) and possibly endometriosis. Oh how the doctors were wrong the first times.

I'm on medication now and I feel a bit better. Hopefully this was it now!

I didn't get any help from here but welp, thanks a lot.

sial72
06-09-15, 21:25
Sorry, I hadn't seen this message. So what waa the surgery for?

Greenman50
06-09-15, 21:58
Me too....sorry

Ibs can be really bad mate , looks like your on the mend ?

xtine
22-09-15, 05:00
New here but im so sorry you went through all that. Im glad they have found what was causing it and that you are starting to feel better. It must have been so hard. I wish you a speedy recovery.