PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

snowflake293
04-01-15, 11:14
I am going swimming today for the first time in a while... I am a bit nervous as I haven't exercised in a long time but I am really looking forward to it. It really helps me to feel better and helps build my confidence and I find it soooooo relaxing! I just love the feeling I get after I have been, feel so contented!

Does anyone else like swimming and find it a good way of relaxing? :)

nefelibata
04-01-15, 15:11
Yes! I love swimming & find it so good for relaxing & a full body work out. I also sleep much better after a swim. I used to swim for 2 hours 5 days a week. I haven't been swimming for a few years now, due to anxiety/agoraphobia. I am joining my local gym this month, mostly for swimming and plan to do some open water swimming this spring and summer. I have my wetsuit at the ready!:)

Have a lovely swim, snowflake. Once you get in the water, you will be fine :yesyes:

snowflake293
04-01-15, 15:35
Thanks for your replies both :D

Swimming went really well, better than expected! I managed to stay in there about 30 minutes and felt I had a good work out. Treated myself to a hot chocolate after on the train home and for me that was the best bit :yesyes:

Nefelibata - I hope all goes well for you when you start at the gym, keep us posted! It would be great if you could get back into swimming - good luck!

AGJ90 - I hope you pluck up the courage to go soon and it helps you to feel better. I understand what you mean about feeling self-conscious, I have had issues with this but I found the more I went the easier it got. Good luck to you too!

Thanks guys!

nefelibata
04-01-15, 19:33
So glad you enjoyed your swim, Snowflake:D Good for you!:yahoo: