PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

paul555rally
09-01-07, 17:17
Hi everyone, i found this site by searching on google. i have been suffering from what i think is depression for quite a while now. i thought it was just a way of thinking, after all i have a job i like and my dream car and iam only 21 years old so how could i be depressed? i decided to go to the doctors after one day at a freinds house, i started really panicing and felt really sick i had to leave my freinds and go home. i could not put my mind to rest i was shaking my heart was racing and i could not get to sleep. i have had similar exsperiences but none to this extreme. i had never felt so down and upset with myself i could hardley move. i had to ring work because i couldnt face it that day and went straight to the doctors. i had my blood tested but that was ok? so the doctor put me on beta blockers. these stopped my body racing up when my mind got carried away. but my mind must have won because they did not do anything after a while, after a couple of months they changed me to citolapram 20mg a day. i have been taking them for nearly 4 weeks now and i still feel no better! ive got to the point where nothing interest me apart from drinking and that really does not help! do things really get better?

thank you for reading this!

paul

yorkylover
09-01-07, 17:24
Hi Paul and welcome.You will get lots advise here and support.You are right drinking doesnt help at all,makes depression worse.You have all the signs of anxiety pet.Im on citalopram and they do take a while to kick in.You may need to go on a higher dosage.Ask your gp on your next visit.:)

Ellen XX

tommythomson
09-01-07, 17:48
Hi Paul

Welcome to the site. I agree with Ellen, I'm off the drink unless it's a special occassion. It acts as a depressant. Keep at your GP for help and advice. Beta-blockers helped me tremendously and I'm now trying to reduce my dosage and get back to normal.

T

neelhm
09-01-07, 18:24
Hi from another new person and welcome.
Just wanted to agree about the alcohol being a depressant. It will counteract the effect of the anti-depressants you are on. Also it takes a while for the pills to kick in. I am on 30 mg of Mirtazipine and they take the worst of the anxiety plus gives me appetite and initially help me sleep better (I wasn't eating or sleeping much and lost loads of weight).
Take care.

trac67
09-01-07, 18:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
09-01-07, 18:38
Paul

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

It could take some time for the meds to work or they may not be suited to you and you may have to change to some others.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
09-01-07, 19:22
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a great help. The meds can sometimes take a little while to work , or you may need a higher dose, or maybe they are not the right ones suited to you, these are thing to discuss with your doctor.
Try to stay off the alcohol as it can heighten your feelings of anxiety especially along with the meds. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

manmoor
09-01-07, 19:39
Hi Paul,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
09-01-07, 20:13
Hi Paul

A Big warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Lindalou64
10-01-07, 00:19
hi paul
welcome ...yes you will get better........it will start to subside if you work real hard at it and know its just anxiety.....i wish you all the best............Linda[8D]