PDA

View Full Version : hi

mark
31-08-04, 15:48
My name is Mark and I am 27 years old I suffer from OCD and have done so for over 14 years now. I have lost alot of friends through my condition who didnt understand me or wanted to know. I also lost my gf and baby through it and now Im trying to re-build my life.

nomorepanic
31-08-04, 16:24
Hi Mark

Welcome to the message forum

Sorry to hear that you have lost friends over your condition - it doesn't help does it?

What sort of form does your OCD take?

Have you seen anyone professionally about it?

I hope we can answer some of your questions.

Nicola

Meg
31-08-04, 16:30
Hi Mark,

Welcom eto the forum,

Do tell us a bit more about yourself, how this started , what you've done to help yourself, what you've been recommended in the past and how you're doing now .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
31-08-04, 16:42
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum!! It sounds like you have been through some rough times - it's very unfair that you have lost friends over something that you can't control and that you need help with!! I'm sure you will meet loads of nice people here. [^]

Sarah :D

sal
31-08-04, 17:29
Hi Mark

Welcome to the site. Sorry you have lost friends through your illness, but people do seem to not understand unless they have been through a similar experiece.

Do you still have contact with your baby, its sad that has happened.

Love Sal xxxxx

PAULF
31-08-04, 17:30
Hi Mark,

Im Paul, aged 25 and feel for you pal, but youve done the right thing logging onto this website, everyone is very nice and very helpful.

Sorry to hear about your past, i log onto the website nearly everyday so if you need a moan etc etc, post a topic and ill sure reply!

Keep your chin up mark

Take care

Paul

mark
31-08-04, 19:46
I have been on every medication there is and nothing really helps I have seen every therapist going but nothing really helps.

In reply to your question NO I dont see my baby my gf has a new life now I just couldnt cope and when she told me she was pregnant I wasnt supportive because I panicked didnt know how I would be able to cope.

jo-jo
31-08-04, 22:56
Hiya Mark

A warm welcome to the forum - you are never alone and the folk here are just smashing and always willing to try and help. So sorry to hear about your circumstances but by coming here you've shown that you're ready to start making your recovery and you'll get heaps of support along the way.

Good luck, Jo xx

sarah
31-08-04, 23:26
Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum!
Im sorry to hear about everything but hopefully we will be able to help you and support through whatever you need.

take care
love Sarah
xx

sal
31-08-04, 23:30
Hi Mark

So sorry you felt you couldnt cope and you dont feel you supported her when she was pregnant. You have had a tough time and hopefully on here you will get some excellent help and support.

I am pleased you have joined the site as it will help you.

Medication can help some and not others and there are so many different types, i know as i have tried loads but was lucky and found one that helped me.

I know you suffer ocd but what symptoms do you have and how can we help you cope better.

Love Sal xxxxx

mark
01-09-04, 07:43
I have a fear of contamination, diseases and dying. Its mostly the thoughts I have going round in my head. I have to keep checking things over and over again. If I send someone a text and they dont reply straightaway then I think did they get that did I send it so I will re-send it again. If they still dont reply then I start to imagine all horrible things like are they hurt or been injured so I have to phone them to reassure myself. Its mostly a reassurance thing and thats what frightens people off.

Meg
01-09-04, 14:11
But the communication things is so common Mark and not just OCD people .
We live in an instant world where we expect everything to happen immediately and so have learnt over time that if something is universally accessible there must be something wrong.

The contaminations and diseases thing- how does this manifest with you ?

What are you doing currently to help and support yourself ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

tara
01-09-04, 18:22
Hi Mark, welcome to the site. You'll find lots of advice and support on here Take Care Tara xxx