PDA

View Full Version : Tight knot under left rib like something stuck

honeyp1e
05-01-15, 18:53
3days now had a tight knot under left rib stings, if I eat it goes worse been A&E today all tests came back fine and it's just ibs/acid so home now and still have to suffer I can't eat as it's just making the pain rose just feel like someone is squeezing under left rib and it stings ??

debs71
05-01-15, 19:18
Yes, I have this at the momet too, and it sucks.

Every time I even roll over in bed at night it is nagging me.

It truly is just IBS and/or acid reflux. I have had this many times, and I find that I also belch like hell with it, which is a pretty good sign it is either trapped wind from IBS or acid.

I find a few things helpful. I am taking Pantoprazole at the moment, and also a liquid antacid called Maalox, which I strongly recommend. I also find a heat pad or a hot water bottle placed on the area really soothing. Chamomile tea is good too for calming things down.

Hope it settles for you soon.:hugs:

honeyp1e
06-01-15, 22:19
Just feel so uncomfortable right up under left rib mainly near my side and down left side. Bubbly too ut cant eat as makes it worse :(
How do u cope or get rid of it xx

debs71
06-01-15, 22:24
I just do the things I mentioned, hun.

I know how bad it feels. Mine has been a nightmare this week, and I have had a heat pad on it most of the time, which helps with the achy feeling.

I also have the weird bubbling sound and feeling. It does (usually) go with time, but trying antacids or wind tablets/IBS tabs and some soothing stuff like herbal teas do help a lot.

Ginger tea (if you can bear it) is also very good to help a gripey stomach, as well as good old Chamomile.x

serafina8
07-01-15, 18:42
I compleatly understand! I have this too but always on right side, feels like something is stuck under rib!
Had it about a year on And off!! It's just uncomfortable and annoying!!
I have been to dr about it several times, and always comes back to anxiety/stress!
Lets hope our tummys calm down soon xx

honeyp1e
07-01-15, 21:55
I went docs as that feeling just wouldn't go and plus it had spread right across my whole stomach turned out I have gastritis plus my ibs :(

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

@debs71 I seen on another post u have had gastritis?? I was in hospital mon night tue morning turns out I have gastritis the pain is awful rather go in labour,,,, just below ribs in center stinging / tight / bubbling feels horrible started lanzoprazole yest morning having 2a day and trying to eat as everything is hurting my stomach...how did you settle your gastritis??