PDA

View Full Version : I hope this will HELP some people feel relaxed..

Katki
05-01-15, 19:49
I have been suffering a really horrible patch of health anxiety recently, all started with a little stomach ache and to think it's now almost totally ruined my life is pretty ridiculous. I feel like I'm a different person trapped inside a body which is feeling all these weird and wonderful side effects of anxiety. I wanted to mention that I have felt the following symptoms, all of which have been related to anxiety. I have recently spent 3 days in hospital so i KNOW there is nothing wrong with me...however, I have felt/am feeling:

upset stomach
constipation
difficulty urinating
clenching jaw
tension headaches
blurred vision
sensitivity to light
severe stomach cramps
pain under ribs
pain in genitals
burning sensation in stomach and pelvis (especially right side)
shooting pain into thighs
numb wrists and knees
chronic pain in my back
fluttering feeling in chest
skipped heartbeats
hypnic jerks, waking up with a jolt
feeling like i need to cough (tickle in chest)
loss of appetite (have lost 1.5st in a month)
boiling hot face
freezing cold hands and feet
dry mouth
increased saliva production
dizziness/lightheadedness
painful, early periods (1 week early)
body tremor (especially legs)
shaking hands
inability to stand up straight
pain in shoulders and back ribs
rib tenderness
feeling clammy

there's loads more. But I have been checked my amazing doctors, who said my insides are super, super healthy. I'm still feeling these symptoms, though, I know it's in my head, but I can't stop the physical symptoms. Please, don't worry. Anxiety is powerful and really make you hurt, mentally and physically.

trevor99
05-01-15, 20:02
hey i have some of these but not all of them, i have had the pain in genitals more like a dull pain, also brain zaps, weak legs, heavy arms, tingling in tongue, tingling in both arms and legs. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow and pretty much gunna lay the law down to have these tests done:

vitamine and mineral blood work, to see if maybe this is just the cause of a deficiency in something

b12 blood work - apparently low b12 can be the route for a lot of problems

cat scan of the brain - had an MRI a year ago cause i collapsed at work and it came back fine but want to make sure it still is fine and these brain zaps aren't bad

MRI of spine - i have 2 aunts with MS so i want them to rule this out, i know the MRI does rule it out but that was a year ago and they weren't looking for it they were looking for an aneurism

thyroid- i want to have my thyroid checked cause this could be hormonal and maybe my thyroid isn't operating fully

diabetes and hypoglycemia- need to know if this is a reason why i might be feeling the way i am

FINALLY TO SEE A NEUROLOGIST!!! to see if I'm operating normally and he can tell me what he thinks it is

IF all of this comes back negative and i don't get better..... i will consider taking anxiety medication but the last thing i want to do is take medication that will give me side affects and give the doctors a reason to write my symptoms off as something that is happening from a pill. Hope this helps you if your looking for tests, or this might not help you and make you more panicked but i think everyone has the right to pursue there health answers to whatever extent they feel necessary.

mallcop123
05-01-15, 20:33
I had all the same symptoms. I was at my wits end. I had not slept for over a week. I prayed and looked to the bible for a reading and was given this. I have improved ever since and all my symptoms have now subsided.

The Suffering, Praise, and Posterity of the Messiah
To the Chief Musician. Set to “The Deer of the Dawn.”[a] A Psalm of David.

22 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 “He trusted[b] in the Lord, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”
9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.
16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced[c] My hands and My feet;
17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.
19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My precious life from the power of the dog.
21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!
You have answered Me.
22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.
25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever!
27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You.[d]
28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s,
And He rules over the nations.
29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.
30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

Katki
05-01-15, 20:35
I've actually just been prescribed amitriptyline and am so so scared to take it. I'm waiting until about 10pm to see if I can get the courage to just try it and see if it works... scary though.

wnsos
05-01-15, 20:39
This is such a great post, kat! Really glad to hear your mind is eased after being in the hospital. These minds of ours are so messed. Suppose if we weren't clever though, we wouldn't have as much issue. Also wanted to let you know that I read a comment of yours somewhere that really helped me too. When your doc said it could be trapped wind in your colon. I still have that odd ache/stitch/dullness there and it's the one thing that keeps its viciously anxious talons in me. But the pain is where the bend in the colon is so have been thinking about this rather than the what ifs. :hugs:

mallcop123
05-01-15, 20:41
The anxiety can just run away with you and snowball. Your body needs some time to rest and get used to running normally. At the moment it is stuck in anxiety mode which your body thinks is the norm.The Amygdala part of the brain needs to accept the panic is over but is just stuck on. Easier said than done but trust your doctors and try to relax.

Katki
05-01-15, 21:10
Trevor, I'm a 30 year old woman with no previous health problems, and no family history of anything. So it's unlikely I'd have something wrong with me. I've had bloods checked numerous times, as well as many scans, urine, stool checked numerous times. Had an ECG, all fine. I know it's in my head what's causing the physical symptoms but sometimes it's hard to switch off. Well, it's almost impossible. The only time I feel better is when I'm out and about walking in the fresh air or just sitting here typing out messages. Looks like another sleepless night :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

wnsos, I almost cried in the ultrasound room when he told me I had trapped wind in my colon bend. I was so relieved. Although I'm feeling horrible myself, it realy picks me up to write positive things on here. This site has been my saviour throughout this past month. I can even see how I have progressed and am starting to get better from my first post :)

always worried
05-01-15, 22:06
Great post good for you. Nice and positive.

Katki
06-01-15, 20:02
Glad to add a little TMI post. Had my first normal bowel movement today in 5 weeks. I felt like celebrating.:yesyes::yahoo::roflmao:

stars22
06-01-15, 22:18
glad that somebody has accepted there symtoms i have been suffering 3 months with really bad symtoms i had two nights admitted to hospital and i still walked out worried and still are its just nice to know other people are finally over coming there symtoms i have never had anxiety as bad as i have it now im 22 now suffered since i was about 5 and last year has really been the worse and the start of this one :( so happy for you though nice to see positive posts

Katki
06-01-15, 22:26
I also spent time in hospital and left equally as worried. I have been reading Dr Claire Weekes books, 'Help for your nerves'. When you read her books, you realise how much affect anxiety and nervous illness can have on your body. It's amazing - sometimes I sit and think to myself, how have I created all this in my head? How have I let it get so out of hand, why isn't it as easy to stop as it was to start? We are such powerful creatures, in mind and body. If you can learn how to use your power I really believe you can turn your life around.

otutuab
06-01-15, 22:45
Almost all of you have mentioned are the symptoms I feel except menstrual pain coz I am a male. I hope all of this is due to anxiety, if my HIV test comes back negative then I think I can completely shake this HA off.

Katki
07-01-15, 22:49
As soon as you can accept that your symptoms are all due to a tiny, insignificant thought in your head, you will begin recovery. good luck with your test results let us know the outcome so we can share some positivity!!x

GfunkAnxiety
08-01-15, 01:01
I have been suffering a really horrible patch of health anxiety recently, all started with a little stomach ache and to think it's now almost totally ruined my life is pretty ridiculous. I feel like I'm a different person trapped inside a body which is feeling all these weird and wonderful side effects of anxiety. I wanted to mention that I have felt the following symptoms, all of which have been related to anxiety. I have recently spent 3 days in hospital so i KNOW there is nothing wrong with me...however, I have felt/am feeling:

upset stomach
constipation
difficulty urinating
clenching jaw
tension headaches
blurred vision
sensitivity to light
severe stomach cramps
pain under ribs
pain in genitals
burning sensation in stomach and pelvis (especially right side)
shooting pain into thighs
numb wrists and knees
chronic pain in my back
fluttering feeling in chest
skipped heartbeats
hypnic jerks, waking up with a jolt
feeling like i need to cough (tickle in chest)
loss of appetite (have lost 1.5st in a month)
boiling hot face
freezing cold hands and feet
dry mouth
increased saliva production
dizziness/lightheadedness
painful, early periods (1 week early)
body tremor (especially legs)
shaking hands
inability to stand up straight
pain in shoulders and back ribs
rib tenderness
feeling clammy

there's loads more. But I have been checked my amazing doctors, who said my insides are super, super healthy. I'm still feeling these symptoms, though, I know it's in my head, but I can't stop the physical symptoms. Please, don't worry. Anxiety is powerful and really make you hurt, mentally and physically.

I have experienced all of these symptoms for the past 6-7 weeks eventually slipping into DP/DR on Friday. I know how you feel. Anxiety is powerful people but it can make us powerful when we control it. We are strong.

Cusper
08-01-15, 06:26
please please check out the candida overgrowth site. I had all of the symptoms and have been to countless doctors. It was through tons of research that i found that I had a candida overgrowth. Look up "Whole Journey" -Christa Orecchio. She has tons of information on everything you've listed above. I am feeling sooooo much better after learning about this. There is also a simple spit test which you can google as well. Mainstream doctors don't recognize this. But i am telling you I feel loads better. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Also, cut out gluten for a couple of weeks and see if you notice any changes

Yogi
08-01-15, 08:21
Great post Katki. I've had all those symptoms too. Looking at Claire Weeks books, they do look helpful :)
Amazing how the mind can create so many physical symptoms really... Whenever something new crops up I'm working on attributing it to my anxiety rather than rushing to the doctor thinking something is physically wrong.
Like you I'm an otherwise healthy 36 year old.
Thanks for posting, you made me feel better when I first read this x

Katki
08-01-15, 09:53
That's really interesting. A lot of my problems did start when I stopped eating from fear of getting an upset stomach. I've started eating well and more now and am starting to feel better. It's amazing how your brain and gut are so connected.