PDA

View Full Version : scared to sleep

stars22
05-01-15, 22:59
so i have a breathing problem thats been sticking with me for 3 months now and its really getting me down now because i could escape while i was asleep i had a panic attack before bed the other night and i got uncontrolled shakes my partner said i hope it stops soon cause its making me feel sick i shake that much and violently that he feels hes on a boat anyways this breathing thing lasts seconds but it feels a breaths getting taken in and i cant seem to exhale properly or if im in a room by myself and listen to my breathing theres a "kink" in my breathing like a jump kind of feeling and sound arghhhh !!!! i went to sleep last night and woke up like startled awake by the fact i could not breathe and i had it in my sleep again it lasted a second but i know im panicking to sleep now :weep: i feel awful like im suffocated for a split second and then its making me feel the horrible pit of stomach feeling i have not gone into a full panic yet but i know tonight im going to have one i just know it and i cant speak to my partner about it anymore because he is fed up of having to cope or run down the stairs with me to go outside while i sit there shaking on the door step i feel so out of control

Cambrian49
05-01-15, 23:16
I know how you feel. I'm in the middle of an episode myself and too scared to sleep. Try watching cartoons or listen to podcasts. I find Scooby doo and TED talks help me. Xx

stars22
05-01-15, 23:26
im watching family guy at the minute i used to do the same thing watch cartoons to help-me relax ect im such a baby i have to sleep with the tv on to help me get to sleep thats how bad i am :( its just so unsettling knowing you can go to sleep fine and wake up in a panic x

Carnation
06-01-15, 01:01
Hi, I used to have this problem. I now do Yoga and breathing exercises before going to bed. Drink a glass of water, put a relaxing CD on in the background and have my pillows propped up, so I can breath more easily. The more you fear this happening, the worse it becomes. It is the fear that is causing it, you must tell yourself that you are going to be ok; which you are every time and only this will stop the panicking. You must not tell yourself that it is going to happen tonight, today or tomorrow. Push the thought away, because the Mind is making this happen. It is not easy to do; to control the Mind, but with practice you can control it and eventually it will go away.