PDA

View Full Version : Worried sick about son

RoseEve
06-01-15, 02:42
Hello friends. I'm in a dark place. My two year has been sick on and off for nearly a month. Low grade fever and sore thoart. I took him to the doctor 3 times. They say it's s virus. They did thoart cultures and they are negative. He seems to get better then gets sick again. He is weak with little appetite. Tonight he was having trouble walking and climbing. I noticed yesterday he couldn't climb into his car seat. I am worried sick. My main worry is MD. Any advice? I threw up tonight I'm so nervous.

MyNameIsTerry
06-01-15, 07:18
I can't offer any advice RoseEve, I'm not a parent, other than to keep pursuing the doctors over it and how kids have stages where they seem to get a lot of things closer together (I remember having a load of things in one year) but wanted to show support :flowers::bighug1::hugs: and I'm sure some better people on here will offer support.

Hang in there.

mummato2
06-01-15, 09:25
It is terrible when your bub isn't feeling well.

Sore throat and low grade fever definitely shows there is something going on in his body.

I'm sorry - but what is MD?

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Viral illnesses are stubborn because the body has to fight it on its own without the aid of antibiotics.

In a little person of 2 years old, their immune systems might need a little while longer to recover.

That said, I would be concerned with the addition of the weakness and trouble climbing. That for me would warrant another follow up.

Have you take him to a GP, Ped or the hospital in the past month? Have they done any tests?

Yogi
06-01-15, 10:32
Take him back to the doctor and say you are worried about him.
List the reasons why before you go and take the list in with you.
No doctor will mind you checking. My doctor always says that mothers instinct is the strongest indicator of something wrong so is happy to see my little ones anytime.
It's probably just that he is weak from nasty virus but it's always better to check when thy are so small x

crystal17
06-01-15, 13:07
My son would be weak for several weeks after a virus when he was 2, so it may just be that.

However you seem really concerned, naturally, and want to know he's ok.

I agree with the other posters, take him back and maybe see a different doctor. Make a list of your concerns and ask them to investigate.

herbie73
06-01-15, 19:19
Hi roseeve, I work in a children nursery, and believe me the kids are constantly I'll, colds, viruses, sickness, some of the poor things never seem to be well in the winter, its probably his little immune system trying to keep everything at bay, I wouldn't worry to much, with your love I'm sure he will be fine soon xxx

RoseEve
07-01-15, 15:15
It's leukemia my baby has cancer. I'm taking him to the hospital now. Please pray for him. His name is Thomas.

herbie73
07-01-15, 15:21
Hi roseeve, do you know that for sure, or are you worried about it, I hope is ok, please keep us informed, you are both I'm my thoughts xxxx

snowflake293
07-01-15, 17:36
Fingers crossed for you I hope your baby is ok and I will pray for both of you. Please keep us up to date and stay strong xxx

mallcop123
07-01-15, 18:15
My 14 year old son was run down by a car in July 2014. He had a bleed on the brain and it did not look good. He has now fully recovered. I believe in the power of prayer and have prayed for your son. Have faith in Jesus name and it will be done. I have asked for a bible reading and was given this. I hope it gives you comfort but know you are not alone.

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

11 And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.

12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.

13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

14 But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.

18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.

20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.

21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?

22 Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?

25 But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Beckie4567
07-01-15, 23:14
Is he ok..

RoseEve
07-01-15, 23:23
Thank you for your prayers and kind words. I spent the day with him in the hospital. It looks like it's ALL which is the better leukemia to have. It has over a 90 percent cure rate. He is finishing up the blood transfusion and then i can take him home. Tomorrow is the bone marrow and spinal tap to confirm the precise leukemia is ALL. Then the port will be put in friday then treatment will start. I'm more scared then I've ever been.

MyNameIsTerry
07-01-15, 23:42
Really sorry hear about this RoseEve.

You've always got people on here to support you if you need it and I'm sure FMP will be along to offer some support shortly.

Fishmanpa
07-01-15, 23:55
Son of a !#%^!!.... Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you've got an aggressive team if they're starting this soon. Sending you a PM....

Positive thoughts

Yogi
08-01-15, 08:16
Sorry to hear this... Sounds like the medical team are on the ball though which is great.
Good luck with all the treatment, sending the little man love and positive vibes x

justina
08-01-15, 12:32
I'm so sorry.

A dear friend of mine has a son with ALL. Children with ALL have a good prognosis. Treatment is tough and takes time but can cure the illness.

My friend's son was diagnosed in June and is now at the last phase of treatment. He is responding well to treatment.

Keep us updated if you can. My thoughts are with you.

mummato2
08-01-15, 12:48
Oh sweetheart - I am so sorry to hear this.

Of course we will pray for Thomas.

Please come in whenever you need to and unload. Make sure you also have a care team around you too. You are going to need someone to talk to daily xx

ALL is very treatable. I am crossing all that it is ALL xx

herbie73
08-01-15, 16:30
I'mso sorry to hear this, i will pray for thomas, I know this probably dosnt help, but my brother went to primary school with a lad who had leukaemia, he is 38 now, healthy and he has kids of his own, it is totally curable especially these days, anyway we are all here for you, take care of yourself and give Thomas loads of hugs from all of us xxx

crystal17
08-01-15, 19:35
Rose I am thinking of you and Thomas and I hope he makes a full recovery. It sounds like the medical team are optimistic. Please make sure you have support around you.

susie1
08-01-15, 20:00
Just want to say thinking of you

saab
08-01-15, 22:17
Thinking of you, your son, and your family. Best wishes.

RoseEve
10-01-15, 04:51
Thank you all. This has been the worst 3 days of my life. Today he got the port and started chemo. He has B-ALL type leukemia. It has the highest cure rate over 90 percent. It's just horrible what he is going through. All my health anxiety is coming back. I have this irrational fear that he will be that 2% that won't respond to treatment. I'm so afraid. I feel kind of guilty posting this on here because it might trigger people. Fishmanpa sent me a link to a support group im going to check out. But I feel like you all understand my anxiety.

anthrokid
10-01-15, 05:13
RoseEve, I am so sorry to hear that your son is so unwell. It is awful when anyone has to battle cancer, but when it is a child it feels like a huge slap in the face.

This is your baby, and it is normal to feel that anxiety. Any mother going through the same battle would have the same worries and doubts. I haven't suffered from HA for years, but I have no doubt that if I had a child in the same situation as your son I would also be fearing the same as you.

But we need to remember the statistics - a recovery rate over 90%! Those are some fantastic numbers to have on your side. You have some of the most intelligent and caring doctors helping your son recover right now - have faith in them, have faith in their knowledge and skills. And most of all, remember that the love and strength you give your son throughout this time will help him flourish, battle and recover. You are a strong woman, and you have so much love to give that young boy, and that will help him more than you know.

Don't feel guilty for seeking support here. You have friends here and people who know you and understand you. If that will help you get through this stage then use it :) Hopefully you will also find the same kindness and support with the group FMP has sent you.

Thinking of you, your family, and your little warrior :hugs:

mummato2
10-01-15, 07:17
Absolutely what Anthrokid said. No guilt. This is your walk and most (if not all) of us who are parents would go through the same.

Your baby has some beautiful odds on his side. Over 90% cure rate is awesome. He will not be one of the minority.

You got onto the symptoms quickly (3 weeks) and treatment has begun within days.

Fishmanpa's support group will help, so will we. What about people around you? Do you have your partner or family around you?

justina
11-01-15, 14:20
Thank you for your update!

It is normal for any parent to fear the worst. My friend is still extremely worried even though her son is responding very well to treatment, is doing his last chemiotherapy cycle and the doctors are very optimistic.

When he was diagnosed I also read that the younger the kid is, the better the prognosis.

I think about you!