PDA

View Full Version : looking for med advice interaction with omeprazole

Mattyex4
06-01-15, 08:36
Hi

I was hoping to hear from anybody who may have had exeperience taking Anxiety Meds and PPI at the same time. I know the GP will be the one to issue medical guidance but wondered if anybody had real experience

Part of the HA makes me nervous of taking meds and I have been on 40 - 60mg of Omeprazole for almost three years. Originally for ulcer treatment but also suffer bloating, nausea occasional indegestion

I have read that a possible major interaction can occur when taking Citalopram and my last visit to GP this drug was discussed breifly in conjunction with the CBT i am taking

Has anybody tried both or been pointed in the direction of an alternative Anxiety Med

Kind Regards

Matt

MyNameIsTerry
06-01-15, 09:00
I don't but I have seen members on here indicate they are taking omeprazole so I expect someone who does will be able to help shortly.

If you are concerned about contraindications, pharmacists are usually more clued up than GPs so you could always have a chat with one of them.

Mattyex4
06-01-15, 09:05
Thanks Terry

Will do have a GP appointment booked end of week so will mention this and also check with pharmacist

Janine
06-01-15, 21:18
I am on Fluxotine for anxiety and I have to take them both at times because I had a really bad bleed 3 years ago and had to have 6 pints of blood so although I am no longer on them all the time there are times when my stomach is inflamed and I have to take them for a few weeks, my doctor is fine with that, hopefully that is useful.

debs71
06-01-15, 21:31
I have been on both Omeprazole and Pantoprazole for acid relux and a bout of gastritis last year.

I took 40mg daily of Pantoprazole with the gastritis, whilst also taking Escitalopram, and this was no issue or worry for either the doctor who prescribed, or me.

I am sure that it is just fine.:)