PDA

View Full Version : Starting to Recover

State of panic
06-01-15, 08:47
three months on 75mg of Sert and finally the road to recovery. Appetite is back to normal, I sleep like a log and the panic and anxiety is almost gone. I went from a hellish start up ended up in the hospital, lost 20 pounds and now have gained 10 pounds of that back. I believe the scariest part for me is when I started Sert nobody told me that I might experience some nasty side effects I believe these doctors need to be more informed as my psychiatrist simply said I had a sensitive reaction to the med, well seems many others do as well and it's more common than not. I ended up in the ER because I was terrified in what was happening to me for about three weeks I was almost bed ridden the first three weeks starting this med and resorted to meditation tapes, I don't even know how I managed to work but I did miss three days work as I could barely function.

I feel relaxed and normal, I still have things I worry about but on a normal level that does not turn into panic or fear. My motivation needs some work and I find I still need to rest and take small naps but I can honestly say I am on the road to recovery and I will stay on this med for a year then see where I am at in my life with changes I am currently making. In my experience it took a month to overcome the side effects then another two months to feel it really work. Such a calm and peace now that was well worth the hell it took to get there. Dont give up, everyday of hell is one more day behind you and you will get there.

MrAndy
06-01-15, 08:52
pat yourself on the back you have come a long way and its because you stuck to a plan and carried on through the hard times.I am so glad you posted such a positive story ,well done :hugs:

gallag
30-01-15, 16:37
Hi State, Thanks for your post. By sert do you mean seroxat. I'm nearly four months into a incredibly anxious period of my life. Last week they just bumped me up from 40mg seroxat to 60mg. Since then it's been hell. I didn't think it could get worse but somehow it has. I need some light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know where to turn. It seems to me seroxat hasn't made a dent in this. I've been on it before and I think it worked so I don't know what to do.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

By the way, well done on your ongoing recovery.

jimsmrs
30-01-15, 19:04
I'm on Sertraline too, 50mg, weaned down from 100mg. I think I got every side effect on the leaflet !!!! I found taking mine at night before bed was better for me. I soldiered on but like you I struggle with the motivation side of things. But overall I'm doing quite well AND I have the added issue now with my yo-yoing Thyroid.

Well done and keep going:hugs:

State of panic
31-01-15, 07:15
I am on sertraline 75mg and they took a good three months to really kick in and stabilize. I also had every side effect there was, felt I incredibly sick for about a good month, then I got myself addicted to Xanax as well and the withdrawl set me back but now I have tapered off them and each day gets better. I feel almost like my old self again, the anxiety is 80 percent gone but I still struggle with some mild days of depression but it passes. I have never had such a succession of anxiety last so long and my breakdown was a bear to recover from. it won't last forever , you will get better we just have to ride it out. Don't get anxiety worrying about your anxiety I found that accepting it and letting it go gave my mind the rest to free myself from this awful condition. I will always be weak in this area but I have to change my thinking patterns so I can live a less worry life, and this take some work. my daughter is getting married in Sept and it will be stressful but I am confident I can do this and perhaps have fun in the process. the gloom and doom has lifted so much and ai find myself enjoying things I once did. It can get better but don't expect 100 percent. I am content in the strides I have made and grateful for the set backs as it makes me even stronger.