PDA

View Full Version : Rumbling Belly

otutuab
06-01-15, 09:11
Its been two days that my belly is rumbling, I don't know wether it is the small intestine or large that is rumbling or what, but it is annoying and I think I am worried now because this might be serious? anyone? Yesterday I poo and it was so soft and yellow, I tried to poo awhile ago but only air/gas went out, anyone has the experience? is this IBS? is this colitis? Or cancer? or due to anxiety? I have also some pain in my lower back ocassionally. I am still worrying about my HIV test so this is a big addition to my health anxiety, God is punishing me.

mummato2
06-01-15, 09:19
God isn't punishing you. You are experiencing anxiety

This is a list of physical symptoms that can manifest from anxiety:

Pounding heart
Sweating
Stomach upset or dizziness
Frequent urination or diarrhea
Shortness of breath
Tremors and twitches
Muscle tension
Headaches
Fatigue
Insomnia
Feelings of apprehension or dread
Trouble concentrating
Feeling tense and jumpy
Anticipating the worst
Irritability
Restlessness
Watching for signs of danger
Feeling like your mind’s gone blank
Surge of overwhelming panic
Feeling of losing control or going crazy
Heart palpitations or chest pain
Feeling like you’re going to pass out
Trouble breathing or choking sensation
Hyperventilation
Hot flashes or chills
Trembling or shaking
Nausea or stomach cramps
Feeling detached or unreal

Are you trying any of the relaxation and visualisation techniques I suggested?

This might help with your discomfort.

otutuab
06-01-15, 09:38
Thanks mummato2, What are those? something like meditations? I will try to find some meditation videos in youtube. I am so worried this might be serious, this is the first time that I felt this constant rumbling belly. The first night that I felt this rumbling I couldn't sleep and my hands and feet are freezing, I asked my father if he felt what I felt but he told me that the temperature on that night was fine and his hands and weren't chilling. So , I am confused, I am the only one who is feeling this intense chills in my hands and feet, although I am quite okay now, the feeling of coldness is gone but I fear that it'll come back because the belly rumbling is still present.

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

2 days ago the shortness of breath also started. Is this really due to anxiety? I spent 3 or 4 weeks of anxiety, so is this really the time frame of the anxiety effects to kick in?

mummato2
06-01-15, 09:42
Yup. Your poor body is in a "fight or flight" mode and there is a heap of adrenalin racing throughout your system.

The fact that these symptoms are coming and going show it is not serious.

Shortness of breath is a classic anxiety symptom.

That is why I said when this result comes back NEGATIVE you need to work on your anxiety because if you don't I guarantee this will appear in other areas of your life.

Get on youtube and search "meditations" or "guided visualisations". Some you'll like, some you'll hate. Just keep moving through them until you find some you like.

otutuab
06-01-15, 09:59
From the start you were there for me, I couldn't express more how much I thanked you for all the help, I will help myself this time by following your advice about meditation. You were a companion, like a mother(My mother is in another country working, Philippines is a really poor country, parents are forced to go abroad to earn big), I can't share this anxiety I am in because I don't want my mother to worry. Thank you again mummato2.

mummato2
06-01-15, 10:06
You are more than welcome xxx

If you need anything else - just post or private message me. I have kids and understand how important it is to share a burden with someone.

We will hang out together for the next week at least until your first result is back.

I'm here if you need me :)

otutuab
06-01-15, 10:23
I will be in touch with you even if 1 week have passed, I will still be around, If I do beat this HIV test and anxiety then I'll be helping you to give answers and advice to forumers that are suffering from health anxiety. I hope I can shake this off. I made a promise to myself that I will volunteer to advocate health awareness,managing anxiety(If I suceed in managing mine), and also advocating awareness about HIV. I would probably start with campaigning about Cigarrete, I am a smoker for 4 or 5 years and I recently stopped prior to the symptoms that I felt month ago which became a suspicion about HIV(at first, it started with a cough and flu, I googled intesively and at first I suspected the symptoms to be related to cigarette smoking so I stopped for good,but when the feeling of being unwell still persisted I googled again until I arrived with this HIV anxiety, and now I am totally messed up, my life is a complete messed, I didn't enjoyed christmas and New year, I faked smiles, I am doomed. I hope the test comes back NEGATIVE, I really hope.) Thanks again for always being active!

mummato2
06-01-15, 10:49
That is FANTASTIC that you quit smoking. What a great achievement - and it will be better for your health in the meantime.

Being an advocate is great - especially being a young male in a conservative country. Good for you :)

It will come back negative. everything is in your favour.