PDA

View Full Version : Hello....I'm new today.

panikking
09-01-07, 18:40
Hello to everyone on the forum,

My name is panikking and I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic disorder.
About 18 years ago I had my first attack while driving to a dentist appointment. The bouts with panic came and went while doctors tried to diagnose what my problem was. After 2 years they gave me first generation prozac which seemed to help the panic but normal everyday life became almost non existent.
I have changed so many things in my life to help gete rid of the panic. I sold my business with 33 employees, divorced my wife, moved to Vermont to take care of an elderly stroke victum.
That is where I was able to ween myself off the CNS meds (prozac and clonazepam) over a 1 year period of time.
I have since moved back to Canada got remarried and divorced again....yada yada yada.
I now take wellbutrin and clonazepam daily and supplement those drugs with lorazepam subliguil when needed......I'm not too bad but I have a bad enough attack once every 4 to six weeks that require me to take 4 to 8 lorazepam (ativan) all at once.
I can be rather unsocial alot of the time because of the way the anxiety makes me feel.
I am joining this forum because I think the only people who know what a victum is going through is someone who is also inflicted. It doesn't matter whether it's a head doctor, a medical doctor or a person who has suffered from the odd bit of anxiety due to a spur of the moment occurance ie; close or car accident, christmas eve etc. etc.
Thanks for listening
panikking

nomorepanic
09-01-07, 18:46
Hi Panikking

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help. You will meet some lovely people on here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
09-01-07, 19:25
Hi there Panikking,

Welcome to the site you'll find it a great source of help and everyone is great.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

manmoor
09-01-07, 19:38
Hi Panikking,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

catherine24
09-01-07, 19:55
hi panniking i found this site by accident and you wouldnt believe how better it made me feel that other people understand what WE go through the home pages are a MUST to read take care....... catherine

honeybee3939
09-01-07, 20:12
Hi Panikking

A Big warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

yorkylover
09-01-07, 23:30
hello and welcome to no panic;):);)

Ellen XX

Richard99
09-01-07, 23:33
Hi Panikking,

As with yourself, I'm also a new member. Sounds like you've really had a very stressful and difficult 18 years. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Good luck,

Richard

Lindalou64
09-01-07, 23:45
welcome panickking,
i can relate to what ya saying ...........its been 18 yrs for me also.....i take klonpin when i feel i need it which is everyday.....hoping to get off of them like us all...but anyways welcome and im sure alot of us can relate.....take care...........Linda[8D]
ps......vermont is beautiful...

clickaway
09-01-07, 23:52
Welcome aboard Panikking.

We are all here to help each other.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers