PDA

View Full Version : Dipstick postitive for 1+ blood

HELPME7
06-01-15, 12:19
I am getting myself in a rihgt state, over the last couple of months i have had few tests, dipstick urine test and they have all come back with blood in them! Very small but still their !Only one timie did i have a symptom of a uti, the dr has now sent it away to the lab and i am scared to death i have cnacer!! can anyone help me, i am convinved i have pains in my back and hip not sure if i am againing these!! I feel like i am losing the plot and not sure how i will cope if when i get the results i am told i have cancer!!

venusbluejeans
06-01-15, 12:25
Hiya HELPME7 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

debs71
06-01-15, 12:33
I am getting myself in a rihgt state, over the last couple of months i have had few tests, dipstick urine test and they have all come back with blood in them! Very small but still their !Only one timie did i have a symptom of a uti, the dr has now sent it away to the lab and i am scared to death i have cnacer!! can anyone help me, i am convinved i have pains in my back and hip not sure if i am againing these!! I feel like i am losing the plot and not sure how i will cope if when i get the results i am told i have cancer!!

It is far more likely (since you have a history) that this is a UTI, not anything sinister at all. It is also VERY common to not feel any pains with a UTI, and that the only thing you have is blood in the urine.

Blood in urine, back and hip pain....both indicative of a UTI. I have had several myself, and your symptoms mirror mine.

Are you/have you been treated with any antibiotics?? For that amount of time with blood in your urine, I would say NOT, or else you have not been given appropriate ones for your (probable) infection. Not all UTI meds work for the individual case, and it often takes lab testing to identify which one is best for you. Also, it sometimes takes more than one course of meds to clear a very stubborn UTI.

Try not to get yourself in a state about this, as the chances it is serious are slim to say the least.:hugs: