PDA

View Full Version : chest xray results

raz
06-01-15, 12:39
Whilst suffering from a bad cold and cough that had lasted about 3 weeks, my doctor prescribed antibiotics and a chest xray, this was taken two weeks ago, I called about the results today and was told the doctor has asked for me to make a routine appointment in a months time. I can't help but think this will be constantly on my mind now in case what they might have found, why is the doctor asking me to see him again?:weep:

debs71
06-01-15, 12:44
Hi,

I don't think the GP would wait a month to see you if it was anything at all serious.

It may just be something as simple as him wishing to see you as a follow-up, to review how you are doing. Also the words 'routine appointment' indicate what the probable purpose is....that being just a standard follow-up of your condition.

Try not to worry, though I know that is easier said than done! With an urgency, he would have you in fast.

crystal17
06-01-15, 13:33
Honestly, if it can wait a month it's ok.

I had an abdominal ultrasound a while ago and was given the results in the appointment, then 2 days later the surgery rang to say the GP wanted to see me that week to discuss it. I had to make the appointment there and then on the phone for a few days later.

At the appointment all the doctor did was discuss exactly what the ultrasound doctor talked about! And he confirmed that the doctor was correct. That was it, no new discoveries.

So I think the fact that they want to see you in a month is good or no news.

raz
06-01-15, 13:41
Thankyou for your response, yes I shall just try and calm down until I see the doctor.

AlexandriaUK
06-01-15, 13:41
If you are really worried and cannot wait without it causing you to be very anxious, then ring back and tell them this, most surgeries understand that not everyone is ok to wait, the reason I would think your Dr is asking for a routine appointment is you went in with a chest infection that required antibiotics so he needs to know its cleared with the course he gave you.

raz
06-01-15, 22:40
Many thanks for all your responses, I shall take them all on board.