PDA

View Full Version : Panic

Fuzzy
06-01-15, 16:44
I was changed from citalopram to sertrailne a week ago as the doctor did not think they were working.This afternoon it seems as though I am having one long panic attack for the last four hours has anyone else felt like this would be very grateful for any advice regards fuzzy

Sylver1975
06-01-15, 16:52
I was changed from Mitrazapine to Sertraline and experienced something like what you're going through, I think it's probably normal when switching medication. I'd give it another few days to see if things settle but if they don't then go back to your GP and see if something else might suit you better. I ended up going off the Sertraline as they were giving me tummy problems but they do work for a lot of people so bear with them a while yet.

Fuzzy
06-01-15, 17:07
thank you so much for the fast reply really appreciate your taking the time kind Regards

courierdude
06-01-15, 17:18
people who are sensitive or who have heightened awareness can generally panic when they notice even the slightest change. change in heart rate, breathing pattern or change of wall paper.

change in meds might be unsettling and could well cause you to be feeling some difference.

Fuzzy
06-01-15, 17:28
Thank you for the reply ,will give me something to think about .Tthe doctor did say it might increase the anxiety,up till now I was coping,but this afternoon has been horrendous I hope it calms soon kind Regards

RosieBelle
06-01-15, 19:09
Hi Fuzzy :)
It's probably the side-effects of changing the meds...I came off of Citalopram in October and I had a panic episode too. The side-effects should calm down soon, so don't worry.
Sending *hugs* as I have had panic that just seems to go on for hours too.
Take care

Fuzzy
06-01-15, 21:06
Thank you for that ,how did you cope with the horrendous feelings, thanks for your help kind Regards .