PDA

View Full Version : having a real bad day

kelly246
09-01-07, 19:39
hey sorry to bore you all again but having a real bad day today one min i am fine the next moment i get this overwelming sensation that something bad will happen and im going to die it freaks me right out and i cant shake it off im really scared of it i know the thoughts are silly but at the time they seem so real can anyone else relate to this or help me im really worried xx

lass
09-01-07, 19:46
Oh yes, I can relate to that! It's awful, that anticipation of something horrible about to happen. Then I start believing it and I'm convinced this is it. Like it's some kind of premonition.

My counsellor has suggested when I get this, that I put on some music and sing really loud! Or go out for a walk. Anything to distract myself from the negative thoughts.

I can't be of much help, but I do understand how you feel. It's just your mind playing tricks on you though - don't believe it!

catherine24
09-01-07, 19:51
i can relate to this very well to take my mind off thoughts i run my hands under cold running water till i cant stand the cold anymore and this seems to help a little i know it seems silly but the cold takes my mind off things

Granny Primark
09-01-07, 20:07
I can also relate to this.
I think cus of my family history, im so afraid of dying suddenly. My mum died in her sleep of a heart attack at a young age and sometimes im fritened go to sleep.
But no 2 people are ever the same. I try my best to do something to take my mind off it.
I feel better when im around friends.
Catherine im going try the cold water to see if that helps.

Take care
LYNN xx

nomorepanic
09-01-07, 21:19
Try to remember these are just thoughts and it is our way of coping with what is happening.

We go over and over in our mind - what if? Try to focus on the here and now if possible.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
09-01-07, 22:08
Hi Kelly,
Try and remember these are only thoughts that you are having and thoughts can not hurt you.
We all have off days hun, try and remember of all the good days you have had and think positive hun, hope your feeling better tomorrow, and sending you a BIG HUG !

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

manmoor
09-01-07, 23:48
Hi Kelly,

I can relate to you hun but as Nic and Andrea says they are just thoughts. I try to think positive and tell myself I'm stronger than them. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

neelhm
10-01-07, 09:01
I always find that on the bad days the anxiety comes in waves - one minute I can't stand to go on and the next I am ok. The best thing for me is distraction and not focusing on feeling bad as it makes it so much worse.

Hope today is better for you.
Take care.
N