PDA

View Full Version : It will be alright in the end....

Sylver1975
06-01-15, 17:06
and if it's not alright, then it's not yet the end.

One of my favourite sayings.

I first had severe panic attacks and was diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder around 5 years ago. Now, though I certainly fall back into bouts of anxiety and the odd panicky feeling, I've never had an actual panic attack since learning how to overcome them with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and lots of what I call "talking to myself" which is what I do when something makes me over anxious or panicky, I talk myself down from that state and manage to cope and get through it.

I can recommend Claire Weekes book, it was a revelation to me, as was guided meditation CDs.

Things can and will get better.

youdontknowme
07-01-15, 08:15
They certainly can!
I was just posting about this in another thread.
I used to have several anxiety attacks a day. It was rough, but I kept going out and living my life anyway.
Eventually, I stopped grasping for control. I let go into the flow of life. It took a long time and a lot of work, but now I haven't had an anxiety attack in almost a year!
Stay strong, everybody. Those who have never struggled with anxiety can't imagine what you are going through, but if I can do it, anyone can.
Grab the bull by the horns. Don't let this parasite control you and lock you away in its box. Anxiety can be terrifying, but it is absolutely treatable, and it can absolutely get much, much better.

RubyToo
16-01-15, 15:24
I am reading 'the untethered soul' by Michael A Singer.

Only on chapter 2 but finding it very helpful so far, this was recommended to me by a friend who knew about my anxiety and depression.

Jackmank
20-01-15, 19:17
Keep that attitude up!