PDA

View Full Version : evening all

herbie73
06-01-15, 18:34
Evening all, well yesterday was quite a good day, even started having faith in my drs, today however not so great, copping but not felt so good, doubting drs again, thinking what if I leave something that Dr didn't feel, however there is no way I am going back to drs regarding breast issues, as Ineed to get a grip and have some faith, its so hard when you think something has been missed, but if I was in rational mind I would not be second guessing him, but how do you overcome the what if? I even started to worry about spotting between periods even though Ihad a copper iIUD fitted 4 months ago, rational mind tells me that's the reason, anxious mind tells me its cancer, I have slight pain in between shoulders, my head tells me its the big c, dosnt matter that i cook for a living and always pick heavy things up etc, when will this end?

Yogi
06-01-15, 19:10
Sounds like you are getting there slowly... I'm finding some days good and some days not so good. What I notice from your post is that you know you are being irrational and you are trying not to listen to your anxiety brain!
Keep going the way you are, one day at a time. If doubts creep in I'm trying to just tell myself it's my anxiety and it's a blip in my recovery but tomorrow will be better.

Stay positive and give yourself a break. You are healing and it takes time.
:hugs:

herbie73
06-01-15, 19:23
Thanx yogi, I think you are right, cause last week I would have rushed to the doctors, where as this week I refuse, also I'm not as anxious as Iwas, just still have creeping doubts and what ifs xx

Yogi
07-01-15, 08:52
See... You're doing brilliantly. Keep going xx

cpe1978
07-01-15, 09:21
Herbie,

Are you getting any support from your doctor regarding your mental health? Whilst I agree with you that it would not be sensible to visit repeatedly to look at the breast issue, it might be worthwhile discussing options regarding mental health.

CBT might be useful when it comes to shifting some of your thinking about how to respond to the mistrust of doctors. It is classic health anxiety.