PDA

View Full Version : no more hope

nomorehope
09-01-07, 20:52
i just have no more hope for myself and no more strenght. im am 24 and have been suffering from social phobia all my life. i just can take it any more, i`m tired of constant anxiety. whenever i am around people i fell so inferior and ugly, i feel so unworthy. i always swet around people and feel afraid that people will see it and think i`m not normal!
i just dont know what to du any more and feel so lost. i wonder if it going to get ever better. for me life is just hell and i dont konw what to do to help myself. i pray alot but it does not help!
because i dont have anxbody to talk to abot this, because i am so embarassed i am writing to you!!
thanks!!

catherine24
09-01-07, 21:01
please go and see your doctor i have never took medication in my life (im 46) since i started the panic attacks and took my medication although im not well i could not cope without the tablets they really do help and dont feel so bad about yourself im sure you are not inferior or ugly xxxx catherine

nomorehope
09-01-07, 21:10
i am going to therapy for a year now but i dont feel any better. nothing is improving and i feel the same all the time. i go out and all the time i meet new people but i feel so anxius every single day and it kills me.
i just cant help myself and my feelings of inferiority!!!

Antipodes
09-01-07, 22:31
Hi Nomorehope,

Are there any difficulties getting medications in Croatia? You mentioned therapy and I took that to mean CBT (Cognitive Behavioual Theraoy) and psycjological support. There are meds available that can help a lot. Two years ago I was house bound, living as a hermit and could not ever pick up a telephone to make a call. At that time I had been suffering [my disoder] for about three years. I was give yet another med to try and all of a sudden anxiety disappeared - I could do things that I was previously majorly inhibited about doing. What med works for me may not be the one that works for you but I wasnted to say there is something out there for you which will give you relief from thie situation you are in. That's why I asked first about availability of meds in Croatia - I suspect there may be not-got access?

I hope you get better soon.

Antipodes

bb01234
10-01-07, 00:01
nomorehope, this is NOT your fault. At some time, in some place, back in the past some reason or thing happened and your mind got a bit fried and anxiety was the result.

It's possible to unlearn what's happened and that's not the same as denying anything that's happened - it's just a way of changing how the memories affect you.

Medication can be very good at keeping you going when the whole of your body wants to just stop.

You say you've suffered from social phobia all your life. Hey, that's unfair on you! You were born a happy bunny, it's just that life's done it to you.

There's ways to get back your mind and body and live free of the label anxiety.

stay in touch here

rgds

brian

mfmycm
12-01-07, 01:37
You just have to remember that everybody has problems and that there are varyign degrees of normal. You just have to take 1 day at a time and not worry about the future. I suffer from Socical Anxiety too and sometimes get caught in the trap of worrying about the next social event. Just take them one at a time and remember to slow your breathing pattern so that can stay within yourself.

jaffacake
12-01-07, 02:39
Hi nomorehope,

believe me, I can totally relate to how you feel - today was the worst and I suffer from the same problem as you (sweating especially - horrid) and i'm only a little older than yourself.

What I will say (not sure whether this is a selfish thing or not) is that seeing someone with the same difficulties as me gives me a little comfort; i'm not alone and in turn neither are you buddy.

I've yet to enter therapy so I don't know what to say about that; so i'll let the very capable and supportive other folks do that.

God bless,

jaffacake

nomorehope
13-01-07, 19:47
than you all for kind words!!
i feel better these day, but what bugs me the most is that i go every day
in a scary situation i face every day my fear but nothing seems to change for me. i am anxius every day around people even thoug i have never isolated myself and socialized as much as i can!

mfmycm
15-01-07, 20:04
your are not alone. I have been battling social anxiety for some time now. everybody has problems it is just taht some are more visible thatn others. Some people are abusive and violent while others are shy. Nobody is perfect and as soon as you realize the perfection is not normal or even possible you can begin th e healing process. First and foremost I have learned that you need to accept your herself and stop trying to change. By this I don't mean you should just resign your self to suffering but rather build on the accepatance of who you are without trying to be somebody else. I know it is cliche but stay within yourself. I have read numerous books and articles but it wasnt until I read a book by Tara Brach called "Radical Acceptaance" that I finally began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can buy on amazon. My issue was that I get severe anxiety symptons (fast paced breathing, flight/fight response and muscle tension in my neack) in my neck when I am in a sitution where I have to talk to people. I hated to go in public for fear of feeling these symptons. I fear that people are constantly judging me and that I would be viewed as a failure because I could not do one of the most basic things in life - communicate. Everthing social interaction was a test for me and if I slipped up I was a failure. Believe me, I know it is hard but if you can get your body and mind to relax, whether it be by exercise (yoga, running, swimming, etc) while learning to slow your breathing pattern, you are on the right track. Best of luck to you and know that you have people that support and care about you. MM

tree
15-01-07, 21:04
Hey ,
I used to get social phobia too and was always sweating too much every time. You can go to the docs and get something for excessive sweating that you put on everynight until it gets better. I had this and once it stop being so bad it built up my confidence around people knowing i had one less thing to worry about. If you do go out somewhere like the shop or a pub, when you first walk in everyone looks and stares at you, but thats just a natural reacton, they are not thinking your worthless or anything they are just looking around the same as you do when you go in sonmewhere. And when you are in there and someone else walks in they all look again its just natural. If you do look around and catch someones eye it does not mean anything you are both just glancing about. You can nod or just look away it doesnt matter. Im sure your not ugly or unworthy and i bet noone has actualy said to you that you are. Its just a frame of mind. Hope this has helped abit sorry for rambling. take care chris.

sal
16-01-07, 00:49
Hi hun

Fear is a horrible thing and it takes control. But look at you without the fear, hard i do know but see who you are without that, a stronger person than you know.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

nomorehope
16-01-07, 11:29
i completly agree with you mfmycm about acceptance. i think this is the key in getting better, but it is so hard for me. i know that this is who i am writh now and i have to respect that!
can i get the article somewhere for free because i dont have money to buy it?

mfmycm
16-01-07, 18:00
Here is a link where you can download some of Tara's information. These are audio (steams) so it will depend on the capabilities of your computer. Good luck.... http://www.imcw.org/audio/audio.php

nomorehope
17-01-07, 10:49
thanks!!!it would help to get some new information and guidance!!:D