PDA

View Full Version : bruise

greenlady
06-01-15, 20:19
i posted about my bruise on my breast..it was a really deep bruise which happened 3 weeks ago...still see the outline of it and its still tender..has anyone else had bruise last 3 weeks or more..just need my mind put at rest
thanks in advance
gina

Fishmanpa
06-01-15, 20:25
A little while back, my cat tripped me up and I banged my forearm on the corner of the wall. Not only was the bruise huge and turned all sorts of pretty colors, I had a hard lump on the bone that took over a month to go away. Don't sweat it. We all heal at different rates.

Positive thoughts

greenlady
06-01-15, 20:36
thanks fishman..have pmd you if thats ok

debs71
06-01-15, 20:52
I have had bruises that have lasted weeks, especially from a bad bump, and a dark bruise that takes ages to change colour to yellow, and then onwards until it goes eventually.

Last year I dropped (of all things) a packet of frozen mince on my bare foot.

God, did it hurt!!!!

I got a large, black bruise with a haematoma underneath it (lump) It took weeks and weeks to even fade, and then weeks again before the lump went. The skin also hurt for a long time.

It is not a big deal, and quite often happens. I find that arnica cream is excellent for helping heal bruises.

greenlady
06-01-15, 21:06
just worried cause its on my breast..lump is almost away and bruise is like a shadow. no black and blue...just scares me a bit as i thought it had all gone

debs71
06-01-15, 21:08
just worried cause its on my breast..lump is almost away and bruise is like a shadow. no black and blue...just scares me a bit as i thought it had all gone

But you had a specific injury that caused it, did you? It didn't just appear?

greenlady
06-01-15, 21:08
hubby says its been like this but i thought it had gone..it was more prominant after my bath

debs71
06-01-15, 21:09
...but it appeared after an injury...did it??

greenlady
06-01-15, 21:10
i actually caused it by looking to see if i had a lump..bc worries... it was completelly black and purple..then gradually faded to brown now it looks like a shadow of the bruise..seen doctor ..will see her again tomorrow

debs71
06-01-15, 21:14
Ok. So your skin was probably irritated and bruised from the prodding perhaps. It doesn't take much sometimes to bruise the skin, and some folk bruise easier and quicker than others, me being one. I only have to compress my skin a little and I bruise.

greenlady
06-01-15, 21:17
me too.just thought it would have gone by now..but as you say yours took weeks..and i did prod and poke for ages on that evening

Catherine S
06-01-15, 21:25
Sometimes I get bruises and can't think how ive got them. In fact I have one at the moment on the back of my right leg below the knee on the calf and cannot think why because I didn't bang my leg or anything, but I know that from time to time a bruise will appear anywhere on my body for 'no reason' that i can ever think of and they take ages to disappear. At least you have a reason for yours so try not to worry.

ISB x

debs71
06-01-15, 21:28
Sometimes I get bruises and can't think how ive got them. In fact I have one at the moment on the back of my right leg below the knee on the calf and cannot think why because I didn't bang my leg or anything, but I know that from time to time a bruise will appear anywhere on my body for 'no reason' that i can ever think of and they take ages to disappear. At least you have a reason for yours so try not to worry.

ISB x

That happens all of the time to me too, ISB.

I suddenly find a massive bruise, and think 'where the hell did I get that??' LOL.:wacko:

I put it down to my rapidly ageing brain. :D

greenlady
06-01-15, 21:34
i know i shouldnt worry just thought it would be all gone and not tender after 3 weeks..was deep though and black..think i must have burst a vein as there is one runs next to the bruise

Catherine S
06-01-15, 22:21
Bruises can happen quite easily as debs...who is a nurse...will confirm. Its because there are small blood vessels and capilliaries very close to the surface of our skin and it doesn't take much to damage them enough to create a bruise.

ISB x

debs71
06-01-15, 22:27
Bruises can happen quite easily as debs...who is a nurse...will confirm. Its because there are small blood vessels and capilliaries very close to the surface of our skin and it doesn't take much to damage them enough to create a bruise.

ISB x

Yep, I agree ISB. I was also going to add that I think (possibly) that the bruise is worse or more evident after a bath or shower because of the heat on the skin.

I do think that this will go in time....just a bit stubborn.

greenlady
06-01-15, 22:39
Thanks deb.bruise is gone just the shadow. Didn't realize that was normal. That bruises don't just disappear but leave shadows or outlines before they disappear