PDA

View Full Version : Quetiapine (Seroquel)

Hemps
07-01-15, 07:14
Have just been prescribed Quetiapine along with Effexor XR, Zoplicone and diazepam. My dr wants me off benzos.

So he has introduced the Quetiapine and told me to decrease diazepam.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this? or experience with this drug?

MrAndy
07-01-15, 10:06
Have just been prescribed Quetiapine along with Effexor XR, Zoplicone and diazepam. My dr wants me off benzos.

So he has introduced the Quetiapine and told me to decrease diazepam.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this? or experience with this drug?
I took it for about 6 months it gave me bad headaches so i changed but its good for anxiety and knocks you out at night,its brilliant for sleep in low doses
good luck

Hemps
07-01-15, 20:48
Thanks for your reply. Did it make you put on weight and really sleepy during the day? And did it take long to work?

Moley
07-01-15, 21:00
Hi Hemps, I have been on this for bout 8 weeks now am still only on 75mg and haven't yet found quite the right dose for me. for the first week I did feel tired during the day but it does ease as you get used to it. as for weight gain am not sure as I am also on mirtazapine that has been responsible for most of my weight gain. good luck with everything.

Hemps
09-01-15, 22:24
I am so tired and feel like total zombie. I feel like I could sleep all day. I suppose its not helping by taking diazepam and zoplicone and effexor as well, but phsyicatrist want me to wean off one at a time and then just leave effexor. I find it unbelievable that I have to take new drug to wean off the diazepam and zoplicone.