PDA

View Full Version : Read this if your in "the pit" of health anxiety.

Samster
07-01-15, 12:57
Hello everyone.

I just thought I'd pop a post up here to hopefully help people who are where I was a month or two ago. I was a mess. I wouldn't leave the house or go anywhere I was convinced I had xyz disease or illness due to the symptoms read my old posts if it helps :)! I am now after 4 months of not going anywhere or doing anything engaging in life again. The anxiety is still there, somewhat reduced but there, I feel achy and dreadful but keep going and I still have some symptoms. The one thing I advise is begin saying yes to eveything no matter how painful get out there forget and move on as I'm trying to. Its the hardest thing to do I can't shift the thoughts but I'll get there and I'm sure you can too. Believe its anxiety and then go for it. The truth is none of these symptoms can hurt you! And if you do the things you think you can't you might just find you can! :)

Current symptoms:
Pain behind eyes (aneuryism ;) )
Achy left shoulder and arm (heart attack)
shortness of breath/bad breathing habits
Intrusive thoughts.

Hopless but still hoping ! :)
positive thoughts :)
Sam

Hopefulmi
07-01-15, 15:42
Thanks, sometimes you just need a boost and I am in the pit of despair right now!

Striving
07-01-15, 16:34
Thank you for sharing. I am at the very same pit with basically the same symptoms. I don't have the pain in the eyes but I get palpitations which give me panic attacks and I am also phobic of food...not anorexic or bulimic...just scared to eat so I have to force myself. Current symptoms that bother me the most: exhaustion, head full of air feeling, fear of stroke, general body discomfort, tingles on feet and fingers, weight loss (from 120lbs to 104lbs due to very little food consumption), depression after panic attack...it's not a joy ride. Hope we can overcome this soon.