PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo is back, what is this, SICK!

izzybizzy
07-01-15, 14:24
So my vertigo thing came back yesterday morning, is hunger, dehydration, anxiety, something worse?

I'm so sick, it went away for a bit, and now it's back, the doc did bloods the last time and they were all clear and she said it was just anxiety.

This morning it started, I got a good sleep went to bed early and woke up early, i felt fuzzy and kind of vertigoy, I had a coffee, and went to drop my daughter off at school it went away for a bit and then I went to my friends and it came back worse and caused anxiety, the more I worried the worse it got, then we ate, and eventually it disappeared, but I'm sick, I'm scared incase it comes back tomorrow, I'm angry at my doctor who won't do more tests, I'm petrified to go for more tests incase it is something serious, I'm only 25 and I don't feel like I'm living at all, I can't talk to people about it they've heard it all before, I just want to curl up and ignore the whole world, I don't know how much longer I can go on like this, I'm so tired.

I'd like to think it's just stress and anxiety causing it, as I'm not getting the other aches and pains I used to.

I do smoke so worry that maybe that has made me have something wrong, and everytime I try to quit my anxiety just sky rockets.

I feel so trapped.

Sorry depressing post but I feel depressed. Wish my talking therapy would start. :weep:

CCB1979
07-01-15, 14:45
I am so sorry you are feeling so bad, I am having a terrible day too :-( I've been going through the same thing although mine is more of a rocking vertigo, i am having lots of tests done ATM (currently wearing a blood pressure monitor from the hospital) iam also suffering with this constant head, nose and ear pressure and in the last couple of weeks swollen palms.... Weird! All my bloods came back normal back in October but I am going to suggest doing them again.... I feel like my life has been put in hold, I keep being told it's anxiety but I think having the dizziness is what's causing my anxiety not the other way around!
Don't let the dr fob you off, I defo think I do have a health anxiety issue but it's not an excuse to ignore signs and symptom of illness . Have they checked your blood pressure, iron levels? I am anemic so some of my symptoms have been put down to that.

izzybizzy
07-01-15, 15:53
I/* know how you feel, I had the pressure in behind my nose etc, when that symptom disappeared it became the dizziness, i googled and thought i had M.S, brain tumors, heart problems all sorts, then my Grandma died at the end of November of something very sudden and something I have been scared of, so this started another set of worries, then just recently a kind of friends with benefits relationship ended and I was very upset, so I think this has triggered this episode.

I am not anemic, a while a go I was told I have low blood pressure, but haven't been tested again for it, I have a big fear of doctors anyways, as I've seen people just have tablets chucked at them and be misdiagnosed and I'm more for the natural cure, I try to eat wholefoods, even sometimes I go raw which has actually helped with my symptoms it's just hard to do it money wise and when I get down I tend to go back to bulimia and bad eating habits which is turn makes the anxiety worse.

It's a horrible merry-go-round, and I just don't know if I can take another 5 years of it.

Thank you for your reply x

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Just wanted to add one, the dizziness comes back the more I think about it, and tends to disappear if I distract myself enough so I do wonder if it's in my head. I've had sinus problems in the past which I never ended up going to the doctor about so I wonder if these were also affecting my balance.

Libra
07-01-15, 19:39
5 years ago I woke to vertigo.Just one incidence but lightheaded for months afterwards.All checked out and told anxiety. 6 weeks ago I turned in bed and there was the vertigo again.I hadn't been sleeping well for a year or more and had anxiety going on. I still have slight dizzys when lying down or getting out of bed/.Told anxiety due to tight shoulder and neck muscles

fedup36
09-01-15, 13:26
Hi here

I don't come in here much anymore but saw your post and had to reply. 2 years ago i flew back from a business trip in Japan and started getting vertigo. It was horrible :( I know exactly how you feel! I've had all the same fears with the MS, brain tumours etc. I think I've now had pretty much every medical test related to dizziness. 2 MRIs, ecgs, 24 ecg, balance testing, seen Neurosurgeons and ENTs - every test was normal! Well a few incidental findings but nothing to worry about. I still get the odd vertigo spell, a feeling that I'm falling and also horrible dizzy zaps which make my arms all tingly. The zaps are the worse as it feels like im suddenly dropping.

After 6 weeks CBT I felt better but then relapsed about a year ago.
I was then refered to have a 20 course therapy called integrative therapy. It worked absolute wonders! I also received physiotherapy for my breathing as I was found to have chronic hyperventilation syndrome.
Since the end of my therapy about 3 months ago and being discharged from physio I have felt like a different person. I am not denying that I don't get dizzy or anxious anymore because I do but all my symptoms have dramatically decreased showing me that anxiety was causing my symptoms.

I am not sure if the above helps but you are not alone, Infact I now know a number of people who get dizzy when stressed. It is a horrible feeling and I am actually feeling a bit off and woozy this afternoon but it's been a long week and if I think logically about things it can make sense. feel free to ask me any questions as this has been a battle for over 2 years now! I'm 25 as well and it was ruining my life! X