PDA

View Full Version : Terrified or having to take antibiotics

annie.hall
08-01-15, 05:18
Hi, I have HA and a fear to take medication. Even taking ibuprofen is sometimes a challenge... Since this morning, I have a very small amount of blood in my urine, pain when I urinate and a little cramping. I'm so stressed about it I can't sleep. I know I'll have to go to a clinic tomorrow and they'll prescribe some sort of antibiotic and I'm really scared to take it. I know I have no choice though. I feel so stupid for fearing a common thing like this, but I'm going crazy over this... I'm mad at myself and mad at life... The brighter side is that I just realized it's been about two years since I've been to the doctor, which is kind of great since I was a frequent user when I had really bad HA.

mummato2
08-01-15, 13:13
Hi Annie, could you try the medicine in a liquid suspension vs a pill? Would that help?

Have you got a fever? Your dr might be happy with watching you closely while you try flushing it out with cranberry juice and water.

Don't stress just yet, there might be other options.

annie.hall
08-01-15, 14:55
I think that indeed it could help to take the medicine in a liquid form, thank you for the advice. I have no fever so who knows what the doctor will prescribe, but I'd be really surprised if no antibiotics were involved. I hate being so helpless about simple things like that, it's like I just can't deal with the anxiety even if I know that rationally I have nothing to worry about. I'm certain something bad is going to happen and I can't go on with what I would normally do. I hope this goes away fast, I'm not used to it anymore... Thanks again, you've been a great help. :)