PDA

View Full Version : What Could Have Happen To Me?

mnaha
08-01-15, 07:34
Please help...im worried..About two months ago I was hospitalized with tachycardia. I went to the ER and my heart was beating 150 beats a minute. The doctors were concerned about the heart rate but about my being dehydrated and my white blood count being up and my sodium levels and other levels being low. They put me in the hospital on the heart floor and just in case monitored me around the clock. Also they did test to check to see if I had a heart attack or other things wrong with me. Their conclusion the tachycardia was caused by dehydration and also some type infection in my body .I had a chest xray and a echo on my heart and they said my heart was sound other than some type of leakage.. not sure just what but they said it was pretty normal.

After I was released I came home and have been listening to music on roku on pandora..mostly yoga music and new age..things that are soothing. The whole time I was in the hospital I did not watch tv or use the computer. I do use the computer some now but get easily bored. I try to watch television ,like shows and movies and can't get into them at all..it isn't like i used to .I used to love movies so much I would watch several a day and some series I used to love to watch show after show. I can't anymore..It doesn't seem normal..it seems odd to watch television and it bothers me to have it on. Also sometimes during the day I get so blah.. I dont want to do anything. I feel so down like what is the use of anything.

Sometimes I get worried that I am going to have a stroke or heart attack or something happen to me that what is the point? Im over 60 and to tired to do the things I used to and other things don't interest me anymore..im really worried what is happening to me. I feel like im waiting for something to happen.. and I don't know what it is..we don't go anywhere anymore since Im afraid I will get an eye attack that is like a mini stroke but my doctor doesn't seem to be worried im having strokes..also I have a lot of stomach issues that bother me so I don't go anywhere. The wife drives but seems content to stay at home..but im really worried about feeling so blah all the time and really worried why i can't watch television anymore..is there something mentally to me that I cant watch it anymore? and get so blah and bored? Im worried..does anyone else ever feel this way ? Please help?

debs71
08-01-15, 12:45
Hi,

It does sound to me that what you are describing may be some depressive symptoms.

With depression, there is an overriding 'what is the point in anything?' feeling and thought, and 'as you describe - you feel lethargic, bored with life and just horrible. You also struggle to concentrate or focus on things. There is also a lack of interest in the things you once enjoyed, in your case, this would be watching tv and movies. When you also mention that it bothers you to have the tv on, this is also very indicative of either anxiety or depression. The noise is an intrusion, or you become hypersensitive to any noise, even tv volume.

I am not qualified to say to you 'yes, you are definitely depressed'....that is not for me to say, but just judging by my own experience with depression, and how all of your feelings and symptoms mirror mine and how I felt with it, it sure sounds like it to me.

You had a tough, worrying time when hospitalised. It is not uncommon after a tough time like that to feel deflated and depressed. If it continues, it may be worth a consultation with your doctor.

mnaha
08-01-15, 23:50
Thanks ,yeah that is what I thought. Working on it though...making myself watch here and there also getting out exercising although I had a eye thing today and panicked a little im over it now.. forcing myself to do what I don't want to do ,hopefully it will start being normal again.. thank you again

Amylee1982
09-01-15, 10:13
What eye thing? x

mnaha
10-01-15, 22:47
I get problems with spots in line of vision and sometimes for some reason my vision goes all wonkers on me like kind of double vision but my doctor says that its probably to do with damage from high sugar levels over the years but also I have occular migraines and I get zigzag lines and spots in my eyes from time to time but then sometimes I get like trouble with movement and my eyes feel weird like I can't focus them together.My doctor says that its probably muscular degeneration and I need to see a eye doctor but i haven't done that yet cause im worried i might have a tumor or something bad,but im working up the courage to go see one but my doctor is a internist 40 years and he says he doesn't see any signs of any tumor or something bad..its just a matter of getting the courage to go see an eye doctor..

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Also the whole time i was in the hospital i told several doctors and nurses about double vision and they seemed like it wasn't anything and the doctor also checked my eyes there and my doctor has checked my eyes and just said go to the eye doctor.