PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Richard99
09-01-07, 21:47
Hi all,

I'm Richard,

Had my first full-blown panic attack in the middle of Birmingham over Christmas and have been getting quite a few smaller ones since although I've been able to control them. Working with a REALLY good anxiety councillor and I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to understand symptoms (shakes, fear of stairs etc) which I thought were down to something else. I feel really positive about beating this thing through understanding; one thing I do understand now is that it's been a long term thing and the pressures of the last 12-18 months pushed it to physical manifestation. I think that getting this put to bed will make me a much stronger person and am looking forward to digging out the root and sticking it in the compost!

Best wishes all

Richard

honeybee3939
09-01-07, 21:52
Hi Richard

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D
Lovely to hear you are having councilling, sounds like you are making great progress, well done !

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Richard99
09-01-07, 22:11
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your welcome, very much appreciated. It's really interesting to read about other peoples experiences. Apparrently it's Reactive Anxiety that I'm dealing with and having read some of the information that I have, it's putting a lot into context. I was really worried about the shaking; in that I was showing signs of some kind of nervous system degenerative problem, but apparrently it is quite common, so at least that has taken a massive weight off my mind.

My first full-on attack really scared me; it lasted for about 45 mins and if it wasn't for my better half, I'd have been totally stuck in the middle of town. My main worry is if it happens behind the when on a dark night - I had a minor "wobble" this afternoon, but managed to keep it under control. I can feel them coming on when my feet and calves start to tremble.

I started a new job early December, and this is just what I need at this stage of my career with the company- I'm just hoping that I can get it put to bed sooner rather than later.

I think knowledge and understanding is the key; I can do the research on the net and my councillor can deconstruct my past and together put the jigsaw together

Best wishes
Richard x

clickaway
09-01-07, 22:43
Just to say "Welcome", Richard.

Well done on recognising the reasons. Don't shy from going out and remember that these panic attacks won't harm you. Face the fear, but do so in manageable steps.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
09-01-07, 23:12
Hi Richard welcome to no panic.There is lots of support here and you are never alone.;):);)

Ellen XX

manmoor
09-01-07, 23:41
Hi Richard,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lindalou64
09-01-07, 23:49
welcome richard.
sounds like your already doing a great job its good you got help right away and know what it is you can beat this..........best to ya....Linda[8D]

jaffa
10-01-07, 11:47
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi all,

I'm Richard,

Had my first full-blown panic attack in the middle of Birmingham over Christmas and have been getting quite a few smaller ones since although I've been able to control them. Working with a REALLY good anxiety councillor and I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to understand symptoms (shakes, fear of stairs etc) which I thought were down to something else. I feel really positive about beating this thing through understanding; one thing I do understand now is that it's been a long term thing and the pressures of the last 12-18 months pushed it to physical manifestation. I think that getting this put to bed will make me a much stronger person and am looking forward to digging out the root and sticking it in the compost!

Best wishes all

Richard

<div align="right">Originally posted by rjy8960 - 09 January 2007 : 21:47:04</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

kittykat
10-01-07, 15:24
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a great place for help and support.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Rennie1989
10-01-07, 17:42
Hiya Richard

Welcome to the forum!

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

nomorepanic
11-01-07, 20:20
Hi Richard

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
12-01-07, 16:43
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'