PDA

View Full Version : wellbutrin

billyclark33
08-01-15, 12:32
Is this available in the uk on the nhs for depression

Catriona
08-01-15, 13:24
I am currently on both fluoxetine and bupropion (wellbutrin) In the UK it is called Zyban and used primarily for stopping smoking. It is off-label here, which I think means it can only be prescribed via a psychiatrist (I think) If you see a psychiatrist I would ask them as they would know more.

Hope this helps :)

billyclark33
08-01-15, 13:56
thanks for the advice , i have been off citlopram 20mg for a month now was given mitrazapine but after hearing the stories , decided not to take it , i have the doc in the morning , the citolopram was doing well exept for stomach upsets which helped me loose weight which was great

SADnomore
09-01-15, 06:00
I live in Canada and was taking Wellbutrin for months, until about a week ago. I started on it this past summer, because I was hoping for more energy as a boost to my venlaxafine (Effexor). I ended up splitting it off to take by itself in the morning and the ven at night recently, and that's when I noticed that it didn't relieve my depression much, but did make me feel rather tightly bound for the first few hours, and then very tired in the afternoons. I'd been feeling that way for months but didn't know which it was. Stopped taking the Welly then and have been feeling great ever since! You might consider asking the doc about Effexor/ven, if you think you might be taking an ad long term ... Just a thought. There is a very big thread of us on here atm! It takes awhile to get going, but then, for those of us for whom it works, it really really does!