PDA

View Full Version : Aargh! Having a blip and cross with myself.

Yogi
08-01-15, 14:38
Was doing really well and making some real positive progress.
Just had a phone call to pick up my son's friend from school. His mum has to collect his sister early as she is unwell.
I've automatically assumed it must be a sickness bug (my worst fear) and that the brother will probably be contaminating our house with said bug.

I'm so annoyed with myself for assuming the worst and then getting worked up over it. For all I know she might just have a headache or a cold but I've gone and got myself scared.

Trying to talk myself out of asking what is wrong with the child. Also trying to listen to my rational mind.
Now have to cope with a potentially contagious child in the house for 2 hours without bleaching everything!!!

Sorry for ranting. Just needed to vent

.Poppy.
08-01-15, 14:51
Haha, we all just need to vent sometimes :winks:

Keep in mind that even if he is "carrying something" it's probably something very minor. You've probably got a strong enough immune system that you won't get sick yourself, and even if you do, not seriously. You come into contact with people on a regular basis who could be "carrying" a disease - and you're still here.

If it makes you feel better, have the kids play in the living room or something. And wash your hands.

But you'll be fine!

jimsmrs
08-01-15, 14:53
What's the saying??? 'These things are sent to try us' You'll be fine, you're cross with yourself for being irrational, in a way that's a good sign. If it is a sickness bug, just use your own way of dealing with basic hygiene, separate cup for the child etc. Even when I have a cold sore I have my own cup.

Good luck and take care

You will get through it and learn from it!!!!

Yogi
08-01-15, 15:18
Thanks Poppy :)

I'm just annoyed because I overcame this fear only yesterday when I had to take my youngest to the hospital (which is currently shutting wards because of norovirus outbreak)

Stupid how something this small got my anxiety up after climbing that big hurdle yesterday!

Guess you can't predict when it will sneak up on you. Maybe it's because I was prepared yesterday and this is out of the blue.

Squaring shoulders, taking deep breath and off to pick the diseased ones up from school lol.

Thanks for listening :hugs:

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Thanks Jimsmrs!!
I'm determined not to let this get me down

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Kids are playing happily. I'm going to have a cup of tea and some rescue remedy and stop worrying.
At the end of the day I can't predict what will happen and I can't stop my children from catching bugs. The last thing I want to do is pass my anxiety on to them by asking them to keep washing their hands etc.
I need to stop imaging the worst and just tell myself that I will deal with it if it happens. Until then I'm wasting my time and energy and making myself feel poorly.

More venting!!!