PDA

View Full Version : Scared.

BikerMatt
08-01-15, 18:12
I saw a new gp today and he wants me to come off seroxat. He said to take one every other day for a week then every three days and so on. I personally think this is bo:ohmy:locks and way to fast? I went to see him as he is young and thought he may have more up to date knowledge but everything I have read would suggest this is way to quick? I'm having a horrid 24/7 severe anxiety period at the mo so think this is bad timing! I JUST CAN'T GET ANY PROPER SUPPORT IN MY AREA:mad:

trevor99
08-01-15, 19:33
Hey man! I have no real experience in this and I am currently about to START my medication tomorrow after 5 weeks of fighting it thinking that I could beat this alone. But I figured you could use someone elses advice, if I were you I would express this to your doctor, make an appointment again and call him! say your concerned and say that your anxious. By the way if your really anxious maybe you should stay on it for a couple weeks while you accept the fact that your gunna try and come off of it, kind of pump yourself up if that makes sense? Another idea would be go get something like lorazepam or atavan for moments when your facing extreme anxiety. Don't take these all the time ( I did and I had the worse withdrawel after just two weeks of taking it 2 daily ) I hope this helps to come extent, like I said its just a calm opinion cause I know your brain must be moving a mile a minute! Breathe my friend and know what YOU have the final decision not your doctor. :bighug1:

BikerMatt
08-01-15, 20:43
Hey man! I have no real experience in this and I am currently about to START my medication tomorrow after 5 weeks of fighting it thinking that I could beat this alone. But I figured you could use someone elses advice, if I were you I would express this to your doctor, make an appointment again and call him! say your concerned and say that your anxious. By the way if your really anxious maybe you should stay on it for a couple weeks while you accept the fact that your gunna try and come off of it, kind of pump yourself up if that makes sense? Another idea would be go get something like lorazepam or atavan for moments when your facing extreme anxiety. Don't take these all the time ( I did and I had the worse withdrawel after just two weeks of taking it 2 daily ) I hope this helps to come extent, like I said its just a calm opinion cause I know your brain must be moving a mile a minute! Breathe my friend and know what YOU have the final decision not your doctor. :bighug1:
Hi Trevor, thanks for replying. When I walked in the room he asked how I was and I told him how bad I was feeling and said how debilitated it's made me. I'm very disappointed with his suggestion and he also said he will give me something to take the edge off which turned out to be propranolol, I said I didn't want them as I've had them before and they gave me an upset stomach and made my gums hurt:huh: In the last year I've seen a stand in doctor who tried to taper me off seroxat adding mirtazapine but I crashed when I got down to 10mg of seroxat and up to 30mg of mirtazapine, so ended up sticking at 20mg seroxat and 15mg mirtazapine. In August I saw my regular gp who said stick with what I'm on. Then this new gp today saying come off the seroxat with no extra help other than propranolol which I wont take. Trevor did I see your about to start seroxat?

trevor99
11-01-15, 16:23
Hey man! I actually was prescribed paxil.....10mg......and honestly I did one night and then I stopped. I am slowly getting better with my anxiety, my anxiety was all based around health fears ( real ones! ) and now that my tests are starting to come back negative ( mri, cat scan, lung x ray, blood tests, ultrasounds ) perks of free health care in Canada hahaha I am starting to realize it is in my head. I am working out again and just trying to keep busy, do I feel anxious sometimes.....yes.....very......especially in certain social scenarios. BUT!! the main reason why I stopped the ssri is because I don't want to rely on something that strong and I truly haven't tried ALL of my options yet when it comes to dealing with this. I was able to actually find a really good piece of advice from one Emergency room doctor, he was able to pull my file and see that I was diagnosed with severe ADHD when I was younger and asked if I had been taking my pills lately, I told him that I hadn't taken them in 3 years and that I had just gotten use to be getting distracted, forgetting things, always being late and that over time my body had built up ways of dealing with it. I truly forgot about ADHD for the last 3 years even though im certain I still have it to the max, he said that up to 70 percent of people with ADHD will get anxiety, he said that I should try going back on my pills and see if that calms my mind and keeps it from going all crazy and constantly searching gooogle or over analyzing my body. I know that ADHD pills can cause anxiety so I will keep my eyes open for that but maybe the root of my anxiety is my ADHD and ADHD medication is far less intense then SSRI'S. I know that this massive story is probably hard to understand but I will keep everyone updated on how I do on my ADHD medication and if it actually saves me. I am currently stressed out about my testicles, stomach and brain......needless to say I will be getting an ultrasound of testicles and stomach and cat scan of brain this week and when those come back I will be content that I am HEALTHY. I think a big part of health anxiety is how real the symptoms are, and how you don't want to investigate them because you think it makes you weak or makes you play in to the anxiety, I think that if something is bothering you, the best way to get rid of that anxiety is to check it. I have promised myself since the beginning that I will pursue my symptoms and rule them out, and once they are ruled out I will leave them behind. This is just the method to my madness and I know everyone has their own way of doing things :) Should I sign this short novel or ?