PDA

View Full Version : 11 yr old fainting and dizzy...worried

mags1501
08-01-15, 19:35
Hi all
My daughter,11 blacked out today whilst sitting on the sofa eating her breakfast. She had one of those deep stretches sitting down and then fainted for around 20 seconds. She was fine afterwards but feels dizzy and sick.
Hubby took her to the dr who checked her heart/blood pressure and did some balance tests on her, her eyes and ears were checked too.

He said that she has low blood pressure and fainting and dizziness are pretty common for an 11yr old girl going through puberty. He told hubby that lots of girls faint at this age and not too worry.

However I suffer with HA and even though I've now been reassured that she hasn't got a brain tumour!! I'm still stressing about it, Has anyone else been through a similar experience??

Thank you

Annie0904
08-01-15, 19:38
Low blood pressure would cause fainting. I have always had low blood pressure and can remember fainting quite a few times around that age.

mags1501
08-01-15, 19:56
Thank you Annie0904, I'm just so irrational about these things.

Annie0904
08-01-15, 20:00
The doctor has checked her over so I wouldn't worry.

keaw
08-01-15, 21:15
I used to faint when I was a teenager, low blood pressure.x

saab
08-01-15, 22:13
It's quite common, but I can appreciate how worrying it must be, especially the thought of it happening when you aren't around. If it happens again, I would ask to be referred for an ECG and echocardiogram as I sure that would put your mind at rest.