PDA

View Full Version : One breast bigger than other.. Anxious?

ImObsessedWithGlee
08-01-15, 20:59
I'm posting yet again here on my fears about my breasts. This time though I know I'm being completely irrational and there's nothing wrong with me, but my anxiety tells me otherwise. I'm only 20 years old and this is just ruining my life.

Basically the past few days I've been obsessing over the fact my left breast is bigger than my right. It had been bigger than my right since I was 14 years old, but since I've started noticing it now, I'm afraid it's gotten bigger (even though it probably hasn't). I can't even remember what it looked like before in size compared to my other but it's just making me so so anxious :/

I have no other symptoms. The tissue in my left breast is more prominent and firmer than in my right but it's probably because my left is bigger but the god damn anxiety keeps telling me it's cancer :(

My breast has probably always been like this and I'm just obsessing over it now and making it out to be something bigger than it actually is but the anxiety just won't leave it go :(

I have to go to the doctors to get a prescription renewed in February so I plan on asking about it then but my anxiety is telling me that I do have cancer and leaving it until then will be too late :( :(

Should I be worried? Or is it just my anxiety?

Fishmanpa
08-01-15, 21:02
Human beings are not symmetrical.

Positive thoughts

justfedup
08-01-15, 21:08
It's quite normal mine are slightly different sizes too x

keaw
08-01-15, 21:14
mine are different sizes too, try not to worry x

ImObsessedWithGlee
08-01-15, 21:18
It's quite normal mine are slightly different sizes too x

Thank you so much for replying :) Do you mind me asking if the tissue in the breast that's bigger feels more noticeable than the other? I think that the fact that the tissue in the bigger breast of mine is more prominent is what's making me panic so much!

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

mine are different sizes too, try not to worry x

Thank you so much for replying :) Do you mind me asking if the tissue in the breast that's bigger feels more noticeable than the other? I think that the fact that the tissue in the bigger breast of mine is more prominent is what's making me panic so much!

bingjam
08-01-15, 21:24
One of my boobies, booby?? Not sure which one it is haha, is slight bigger than the other and has more of a firmer feel, and also one is more bumpier than the other

keaw
08-01-15, 21:26
my left boob is much more glandy and round. the right feels more fatty if that helps.

ImObsessedWithGlee
08-01-15, 21:29
One of my boobies, booby?? Not sure which one it is haha, is slight bigger than the other and has more of a firmer feel, and also one is more bumpier than the other

Thank you so much for replying :) Yeah I think that's exactly what mine is like too! It's probably always been like that too, except my anxiety is just making me notice it more! I don't even know what's normal for mine anymore :(

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

my left boob is much more glandy and round. the right feels more fatty if that helps.

Yes that's the exact same description as mine! Thank you so so so much for your reply!! :)

herbie73
09-01-15, 07:06
Hi there,I just wanted to add that, this has been one of my worries, I was checked by Dr he said all was normal, also in spoke to a lovely nurse at NHS direct and explained this fear to her and she said it was perfectly normal, for boobs to be different, I hope this helps, I know how you feel though the anxiety won'tlet you let go off it.xxxx

debs71
09-01-15, 12:16
The majority of women have one boob bigger than the other.

I do too....one is a tiny bit smaller and wonkier than the other, lol. :D

As for one being more dense tissue wise, that is also normal. Boobs are not exactly alike. One can feel harder, denser, etc. Not a worry. Your cycle will also affect the feel of your breasts. xx:hugs:

pinky260
09-01-15, 14:58
I have major breast worries at the minute ( twinges in right breast that come & go ) & have been to the doctor & he said 'we don't worry about breast pain in ladies of your age'( I'm 31) & didn't examine them or anything :/ & my anxiety can't let it go at all, so I understand your worry.

Anyway, in relation to your problem. Breasts are never exactly the same size my right is bigger than my left you can tell when I have no bra on & when I went to the breast clinic when I was 21 I asked the consultant & he felt them both cos they felt different & he said it is totally normal, I also feel like my right gets in my way more ( im a G cup though) even though it's only a little bit bigger & before my period it hurts more than my left. I would see your gp cos I don't think you will be reassured otherwise x

Magic
09-01-15, 18:06
I too have the same problem. I have had many mammograms and all are ok.xx

Hypo
09-01-15, 20:33
Ahh you are only young.

Your breasts are probably still going through natural changes, and they can get a bit bigger in ovulation or before your period.

I have one bigger than the other. I don't know anyone out of my friends who don't!

You are fine.. this is all common.

BTW I love Glee too.. love love love Darren criss/ Blaine.

ImObsessedWithGlee
09-01-15, 22:16
Hi there,I just wanted to add that, this has been one of my worries, I was checked by Dr he said all was normal, also in spoke to a lovely nurse at NHS direct and explained this fear to her and she said it was perfectly normal, for boobs to be different, I hope this helps, I know how you feel though the anxiety won'tlet you let go off it.xxxx

Thank you so much for your reply :) Yeah I figured it was all completely normal but obviously anxiety makes you think it's not normal at all :D I am going to go to my doctor in the next few months and I'll probably ask about it then but I know now it's nothing serious to worry about so it really helps :) Thank you! :)

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

The majority of women have one boob bigger than the other.

I do too....one is a tiny bit smaller and wonkier than the other, lol. :D

As for one being more dense tissue wise, that is also normal. Boobs are not exactly alike. One can feel harder, denser, etc. Not a worry. Your cycle will also affect the feel of your breasts. xx:hugs:

Thanks for your reply :) I'm so glad it's all normal, I was so worried!

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

I have major breast worries at the minute ( twinges in right breast that come & go ) & have been to the doctor & he said 'we don't worry about breast pain in ladies of your age'( I'm 31) & didn't examine them or anything :/ & my anxiety can't let it go at all, so I understand your worry.

Anyway, in relation to your problem. Breasts are never exactly the same size my right is bigger than my left you can tell when I have no bra on & when I went to the breast clinic when I was 21 I asked the consultant & he felt them both cos they felt different & he said it is totally normal, I also feel like my right gets in my way more ( im a G cup though) even though it's only a little bit bigger & before my period it hurts more than my left. I would see your gp cos I don't think you will be reassured otherwise x

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm so sorry your doctor isn't taking you seriously! When I was 18 I went to the doctor about a lump in my breast and they sent me to a clinic to get it checked and everything! Turns out I have fibrocystic breasts so I was okay but they did take it seriously! I feel they should for you too!

I have all those problems with my breasts that you have with yours except it's my left that's bigger! I plan on saying it to my doctor next time I'm there because I want to get yearly breast checks done anyway but I'm not too panicked about it at the moment!

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Ahh you are only young.

Your breasts are probably still going through natural changes, and they can get a bit bigger in ovulation or before your period.

I have one bigger than the other. I don't know anyone out of my friends who don't!

You are fine.. this is all common.

BTW I love Glee too.. love love love Darren criss/ Blaine.

Yes I was really worried about them about a week ago because they were so much bigger that one of my bras didn't even fit but once I went only period everything went back to normal :D I started taking birth control pills recently too so that could have contributed too! It's such a relief it's all normal!

I love Blaine and Darren too!! He's my hero lol :D