PDA

View Full Version : pain in arm worry

kelly12
08-01-15, 22:53
Hi,

The last couple of days I have been getting a weird Pain like ache feeling in my left arm it kind of comes and goes? feels like a pulled muscle then an ache but then it goes completely. I have looked this up and it says that pain in left arm could be signs of heart problems. Im slightly worried now. It cant be a pulled muscle because the pain would be there all the time. and i had a 24 hr ECG about 5 weeks ago but the results came back fine, What could this be?

Aaahhfreakout
10-01-15, 00:41
The pain could be any of a hundred things. Inflammation, for example, can cause pain which comes and goes over the course of a day.

If you're not noticing the pain getting worse with exertion then that might point away from it being the heart.

Also, if it was the heart and it was severe enough to occur at rest, then the strain the problem was putting on your heart would likely cause changes which the 24 hour ECG would have noticed, and any 12 lead ECG should have noticed too (if you had one too, which seems likely if you had a 24 hour ECG).