PDA

View Full Version : heal wearers

panicperson
09-01-15, 09:18
Hi again all*
A question for those who wear heals. ....*
I have had twitches in foot arches for well over 12 months. It doesn't overall bother me now.*(I have widespread twitching all the time and I do have the mnd fears.)
As all my twitching, the left side is worse.*
Left foot is slimmer than the right but not concerned about atrophy as it's not got worse in 18 months that I noticed it.*
Anyway, my question. ....

I do get aches and mild cramps in my left foot arch. I feel the need to rub them a lot.*
Well when ii wear the slightest of heals, it gets even more ache and twitches. It makes my ankle feel weaker.*
I get the answer is stop wearing heals...but I'm wanting to know of this is experienced by anyone else

Mindknot
09-01-15, 09:42
I don't wear heels that much because it can give me cramps in the foot arch! - I also get them sometimes if walking around a lot in not-the-comfiest shoes. I have quite high arches though, so this is part of my particular problem.

However, it's possible to work on strengthening the muscles in your foot through various exercises, such as those in yoga practise - particularly the balance exercises which are flippin' difficult to hold if you don't have strong feet. I don't know how much you are in heels as you didn't mention, but if when you are not wearing them, try walking around in bare feet/socks as much as you can as this will strengthen your foot arch too. Twitches and cramps usually occur most in weak muscles, when they get tired or the blood flow is insufficient, so I guess your heels are somehow putting a new kind of strain on that part of your foot - new shoes 12 months ago maybe?